The favorite is however the Corton La Vigne au Saint, a very expressive and outgoing Corton with 45% whole cluster grapes. The nose is bursting with energetic red fruit … almost an explosion of juicy red berries – brought forward by the deep minerality of this slightly forgotten part of the Corton hill .. La Vigne au Saint is located at the foot of the Corton hill on the southern side. On the palate very energetic red fruit – layered and very vibrant – with tremendous generosity and verve. One of the best and most delightful young Cortons I have tasted – an outstanding wine by my standards.
David Croix – photo taken January 2017 at Domaine Roulot
Latest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine des Croix, Beaune Les Cents Vignes 2015 January 12, 2018
- Domaine des Croix, Savigny-lès-Beaune 1er Cru Les Peuillets 2015 July 11, 2017
- Domaine des Croix, Beaune Pertuisots 2015 July 11, 2017
- Domaine des Croix, Corton Greves 2015 July 11, 2017
- Domaine des Croix, Corton La Vigne au Saint 2015 July 11, 2017
- Domaine des Croix, Beaune Greves 2015 July 11, 2017
- Domaine des Croix, Beaune Bressandes 2015 July 11, 2017
- Domaine des Croix, Aloxe Corton Les Boutières 2015 July 11, 2017
- Domaine des Croix, Beaune Village 2015 July 11, 2017
- Domaine des Croix, Beaune Les Greves 2009 April 18, 2012
- Corton, Corton, red Corton .. exploring the hill This week I attended a tasting of red Corton; a rare thing, in Denmark at least. The tasting included 10 Cortons from five producers, all top-flight amongst the panoply of Corton producers. The purpose was to learn: learn about different parts of the Corton vineyards, learn about the different producers … or in short, LEARN. It was ...
- Visit Domaine des Croix – tasting the 2017s from cask A lovely visit at Domaine des Croix … an “early” and fresh 2017s vintage in the glass. David Croix is back at the home estate, after ending his work at Domaine Roulot – now focussing on the Beaune and Corton vineyards. As always in focus ,, and ready to make the best and most of it – ...
- Notes and comments to visits in May 2018 The 2017s are showing beautifully in most cases – considering it’s rather early in the elevage. Malo in most cases were finished very or fairly early, and reds are given the nature of the vintage made with a rather light hand – also making the wines easier to taste at this stage. In my view it’s ...
- Visit Domaine des Croix – tasting the 2016s from cask In the twilight zone between frost and mildew we find a revelation, as the 2016 wines rise from the ashes like Phoenix … full of vibrant life and energy. While the producers rightfully complain about the low quantities in the 2016 vintage – most are now trying to repress the memory of the 2016 growing season ...
- Collins Corner: Its a big world, Beaune When you read a missive from one of the Publicity Hounds that like to fill you in on the “prestige” wines, Beaune will be dismissed in a wave of condensation, “too many premier crus” and “lets go somewhere where there is only a barrel per Luit Dix made” somewhere in the Nuits. There is the lie ...