Domaine des Croix is a quite new domaine, based on the old Domaine Duchet. The wines are made by regisseur David Croix, who is also a competent winemaker at Camille Giroud. The Beaune Les Greves 2009 is a typical Cote de Beaune 2009 – it’s quite rich and dense, and slightly on the hot side. The nose is slightly closed, but packed with dark cherries – notes of liqourice and raspberries. The palate is well balanced with good tannins, and the elegant discrete minerality of the Beaune Greves vineyard. It’s rich and subtle … but sadly the alcohol level – 14% – is slightly to high for this wine – noticable in the finnish. It’s a very good wine, and I really like the Beaune Greve vineyard – look out for this wine in a cooler year.
(Drink From 2021) Very Good – 88p
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine des Croix, Beaune Les Cents Vignes 2015 January 12, 2018
- Domaine des Croix, Savigny-lès-Beaune 1er Cru Les Peuillets 2015 July 11, 2017
- Domaine des Croix, Beaune Pertuisots 2015 July 11, 2017
- Domaine des Croix, Corton Greves 2015 July 11, 2017
- Domaine des Croix, Corton La Vigne au Saint 2015 July 11, 2017
- Domaine des Croix, Beaune Greves 2015 July 11, 2017
- Domaine des Croix, Beaune Bressandes 2015 July 11, 2017
- Domaine des Croix, Aloxe Corton Les Boutières 2015 July 11, 2017
- Domaine des Croix, Beaune Village 2015 July 11, 2017
- Domaine des Croix, Beaune Les Greves 2009 April 18, 2012
- Visit to Domaine des Croix – Tasting the 2021s from CaskI’ve always had a soft spot for David Croix’s wines, although global warming has made it difficult to make the vivid, lively wines that I prefer from him. In 2021, the cooler, somewhat difficult conditions gave David the opportunity to shine as the fabulous winemaker he is. Due to the Covid epidemic and other planning issues,I haven’t ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine des Croix Corton-CharlemagneDavid Croix has opened my eyes to red Corton, with his work at both Camille Giraud and Domaine des Croix. I have, however, little experience with the Corton-Charlemagne from David, as I usually taste his reds quite early in their maturation, when the whites are not yet ready for sampling. The Corton-Charlemagne is from vineyards owned ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine des Croix Corton Les GrèvesDavid Croix has opened my eyes to red Corton, with his work at both Camille Giroud and Domaine des Croix. As I mentioned in a previous article, David Croix is for me one of Corton’s masters. He has the ability to transform this big grand cru into a hedonistic treasure and a true wine of pleasure. The ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Meo-Camuzet – Corton La Vigne au SaintJean-Nicolas Meo has expanded his presence on the Corton hill, and now produces three single-vineyard Cortons and a negociant Corton-Charlemagne. At the same time, he seems to have lightened his extraction somewhat since 2007-08. As a result, the wines now seem a bit more hedonistic and lively. In 2009 he expanded the domaine with a plot ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine des Croix – Corton La Vigne au SaintVin d’émotion: La Vigne au Saint in the hands of David Croix often has that special touch and energy. David Croix is for me one of Corton’s masters, who on occasion transforms this grand cru into a hedonistic treasure and a true wine of pleasure. La Vigne au Saint is an overlooked Corton that I adore, ...
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.