The Aux Reignots 2009 from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair is a very impressive 1er cru. In the bouquet red and blue berries with hints of gooseberries and fine Vosne spices. The oak is still somewhat forward in the nose. Very focused on the palate with a powerfull mineralic framework. The fruit is quite ample with a good mid-palate weight – the oak is already finely absorbed. The finish is long and very mineralic … this vintage really suits the Reignot terroir. It’s quite a lot better than the 2006 and 2007 Reignots, but not quite matching the slightly deeper and more refined 2009 Echezeaux.
(Drink from 2022) – Very Fine+ 94p – Tasted 01/11/2012
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée 2014 April 15, 2023
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Cras 2014 April 15, 2023
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Echezeaux 2014 April 14, 2023
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Château 2014 October 25, 2022
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée La Colombière 2009 October 21, 2022
All tasting notes for Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair (click here)
- Visit to Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – Tasting the 2022sOne of my most exciting tastings so far this year is the 2022s from Comte Liger-Belair, as it includes a number of new wines from the expansion of this already fabulous estate. With the 2022 vintage Louis-Michel Liger-Belair got new plots in Grands Echezeaux, Vosne-Romanée Les Malconsorts, La Croix Rameau, and Aux Reas. Furthermore, he ...
- Visit to Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – Tasting the 2021sThe Winehog’s first decade began at this fine estate at a memorable tasting with some of the great wine personalities of the time: Roy Richards, wine merchant extraordinaire; and the great and sadly now late Clive Coates – at the time perhaps past his peak, but still an influential writer. Louis-Michel Liger-Belair just before opening ...
- On the Table, In the Glass #35: The Need for IndulgenceLet me be clear: Wine is about hedonism and joy, and it is always timely and appropriate to open a vin d’émotion. The prices of some wines are astronomical, but it is rarely the fault of the winegrower, who often gets less than 20% of the inflated grey-market price. What! How can you open … ? Wine ...