The 2011 Echezaux from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair is a gorgeous wine in the making. In the nose quite abundant red berry fruit – raspberries and pomegranate – spiced with violets, peony rose, all spice and a touch of oak. On the palate rich, intense and silky – with a delicate almost opulent fruit – focused by a quite powerful framework of acidity and minerality. A outstanding effort for the vintage … what a gorgeous Echezeaux.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne Clos du Chateau 2009 January 3, 2020
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos de Chateau 2009 July 26, 2019
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2016 March 6, 2019
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2009 March 6, 2019
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2009 October 17, 2018
- Visit to Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – tasting the 2018s The 2009 vintage at Domaine Comte Liger-Belair has really blossomed after years of waiting, and is now showing the true beauty of the vintage. The wines are refined and have excellent balance for such a generous, warm year. In fact, some of the 2009s today almost – but not quite – match the fantastic 2010s from ...
- Pommard Clos de la Commaraine 2018 Comte Louis-Michel Liger-Belair of the Chateau de Vosne-Romanée is now helping to make wine in Pommard, having entered an agreement with the owners of Pommard’s Clos de la Commaraine to assist making the wine from this historic 3.75-ha monopole vineyard. Tasting the 2018s at Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, I had my first chance to taste the ...
- The beauty of 2013 reds – Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Echezeaux I have recently tasted quite a few 2013 red Burgundies, and I must say they have a delightful, vivid appeal. The 2013s are surely not from the greatest of vintages. But they have some singular qualities that at best are uniquely fresh red Burgundies, with a visible and even flamboyant expression of their terroirs. They do have ...