The Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Cras is a quite new wine in the Liger-Belair collection – first vintage was 2006. I have a soft spot for this fine terroir – and the 2007 is really starting to show the qualities now. In the bouquet red and blue berry fruits with notes of liquorice and a hint of oak. On the palate beautiful juicy fruit, very well balanced with a good focus from the minerality. Impressive nerve and energy for the vintage. Need some years more to show the full potential … but nevertheless accessible now. This is a truly enjoyable wine.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne Clos du Chateau 2009 January 3, 2020
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos de Chateau 2009 July 26, 2019
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2016 March 6, 2019
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2009 March 6, 2019
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2009 October 17, 2018
- La Romanée – a hedonistic treatA hedonistic treat is what I am constantly looking for. Not points, not weight, not density, but zen-like balance, refinement, and sheer joy. For me, there are few wines that offer this – along with generosity and effortlessness -as consistently as La Romanee from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair. On my July Burgundy trip I had the ...
- Visit to Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – tasting the 2019sIndulgence. Hedonistic indulgence and joy: This what the wines of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair bring me. They have a certain ability to please my palate, to thrill, to seduce. Some more than others, naturally. Yet for me, many have a hint of magic, regardless of vintage and level. The best wines from this estate are almost sinfully ...
- Bourgogne Day 4 – Dynamic viticulture and more 2019sViticulture is becoming more and more important as global warming sets the scene for richer, weightier Burgundies. Charles Lachaux in the vineyard Wednesday included a very interesting tour in the vineyards of Domaine Arnoux-Lachaux, guided by the super-dynamic Charles Lachaux – a man on a mission. Domaine Arnoux-Lachaux Charles has taken things to the next level in the ...