The 2006 Vosne Romanee Suschots from Liger-Belair is a lovely drinkable wine. In the bouquet red and darker berry fruits with vosne spices and sous-bois. On the palate quite round and openly knit fruit with a quite good minerality and a spicy acidity. It’s forward and enjoyable, but is not the most focused or intense wine in the 2006 Liger-Belair lineup. It’s nevertheless a fine and lovely glass of Vosne Romanee.
(Drink from 2016) – Fine 91p – Tasted 01/11/2012 – Magnum from the Domaine cellar
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée 2014 April 15, 2023
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Cras 2014 April 15, 2023
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Echezeaux 2014 April 14, 2023
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Château 2014 October 25, 2022
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée La Colombière 2009 October 21, 2022
All tasting notes for Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair (click here)
- Visit to Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – Tasting the 2022sOne of my most exciting tastings so far this year is the 2022s from Comte Liger-Belair, as it includes a number of new wines from the expansion of this already fabulous estate. With the 2022 vintage Louis-Michel Liger-Belair got new plots in Grands Echezeaux, Vosne-Romanée Les Malconsorts, La Croix Rameau, and Aux Reas. Furthermore, he ...
- Visit to Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – Tasting the 2021sThe Winehog’s first decade began at this fine estate at a memorable tasting with some of the great wine personalities of the time: Roy Richards, wine merchant extraordinaire; and the great and sadly now late Clive Coates – at the time perhaps past his peak, but still an influential writer. Louis-Michel Liger-Belair just before opening ...
- On the Table, In the Glass #35: The Need for IndulgenceLet me be clear: Wine is about hedonism and joy, and it is always timely and appropriate to open a vin d’émotion. The prices of some wines are astronomical, but it is rarely the fault of the winegrower, who often gets less than 20% of the inflated grey-market price. What! How can you open … ? Wine ...