The 99 Echezeaux from Jayer-Gilles is a big quite opulent wine … openly knit and showing the goods. The nose is open and vinous, red berries, a wide range of Vosne spices … classic Flagey-Echezeaux. On the palate rich and generous … almost Grands-Echezeux scaled … quite opulent and forward. Not the most precise of wines .. its however a quite delightful glas of Echezeaux … the oak is well integrated and the complexity is fine. One of the best wines I have had from this estate.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Jayer-Gilles, Echezeaux 1999 March 1, 2016
- Domaine Jayer-Gilles, Echezeaux 2002 June 6, 2015
- Domaine Jayer-Gilles, Echezeaux 2002 October 31, 2013
- Terroir insight – Jayer-Gilles Echezeaux du DessusThis is a new format on the blog … articles where the location of the terroir of one wine is uncovered in depth and detail. First out is the Jayer-Gilles Echezeaux du Dessus, one of the relatively few single climate and single plot Echezeaux’s on the market. Climate and location The plot – cadastre no 631 – is ...
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...