Domaine Jayer-Gilles is one of the producers on the climate Echezeaux-Dessus – in the core of the original Echezeaux vineyard. The 2002 version of the Echezeaux is still quite youthful and tight but beginning to show. In the nose red and dark fruit, Vosne spices, hints of truffle and sous-bois. On the palate rich and intense fruit quite tight with quite a strong impression of oak. The fruit is quite abundant, and the complexity is increasing in the glass. I big and burly Echezeaux – as expected – need 5 to 10 years more to show the full potential.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Jayer-Gilles, Echezeaux 1999 March 1, 2016
- Domaine Jayer-Gilles, Echezeaux 2002 June 6, 2015
- Domaine Jayer-Gilles, Echezeaux 2002 October 31, 2013
- Terroir insight – Jayer-Gilles Echezeaux du DessusThis is a new format on the blog … articles where the location of the terroir of one wine is uncovered in depth and detail. First out is the Jayer-Gilles Echezeaux du Dessus, one of the relatively few single climate and single plot Echezeaux’s on the market. Climate and location The plot – cadastre no 631 – is ...
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...