The Echezeaux 02 from Jayer Gilles is showing very well although still quite youthful. In the nose rich layered red fruit .. notes of red currant, boyseberries and pomegranate .. gorgeous spicyness and discrete minerality. On the palate silky and juicy fruit .. weighty for the vintage .. offering a gorgeous midpalate with a deep velvet feel. Oak well integrated … delightful Echezeaux.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Jayer-Gilles, Echezeaux 1999 March 1, 2016
- Domaine Jayer-Gilles, Echezeaux 2002 June 6, 2015
- Domaine Jayer-Gilles, Echezeaux 2002 October 31, 2013
- Terroir insight – Jayer-Gilles Echezeaux du Dessus This is a new format on the blog … articles where the location of the terroir of one wine is uncovered in depth and detail. First out is the Jayer-Gilles Echezeaux du Dessus, one of the relatively few single climate and single plot Echezeaux’s on the market. Climate and location The plot – cadastre no 631 – is ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...