The 2002 Vosne Aux Brulee is a somewhat disappointing effort – sadly – or somehow flawed. The nose offer fine complexity with nice layered fruit, violets and peony rose but also a strange chocolate note – reminding me of the chocolate drink O’Boy. On the palate fine weight and the fruit is airy and quite juicy. It’s quite long – but is strangely lacking a bit of depth and energy. The wine was clearly not corked in a traditional way – but the chocolate note seems somehow connected to the lack of sparkle and energy in the wine. It was however still drinkable .. but expectations were much higher than this – although 2002 in general is a bit disappointing from this estate.
Latest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Boudots 2010 December 15, 2017
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Echezeaux 2013 June 11, 2017
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Clos de Vougeot 2008 June 10, 2017
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne-Romanee Aux Brulee 2002 September 11, 2016
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne-Romanee Aux Brulee 2007 February 20, 2016
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Clos de Vougeot 2008 August 22, 2015
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne-Romanee Aux Brulees 2008 June 14, 2015
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Richebourg 2006 October 3, 2014
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne-Romanee Aux Brulees 2003 September 27, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Les Chaumes 1996 August 29, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Romanee 2008 July 2, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Boudots 2002 May 17, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Echezeaux 2011 May 12, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Aux Brulees 2011 May 11, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Echezeaux 2002 January 5, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Aux Brulees 2004 January 2, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Clos de Vougeot 2007 October 23, 2012
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Aux Brulees 2004 August 2, 2012
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Romanee 2005 July 3, 2012
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Clos de Vougeot 2004 June 18, 2012
- Visit to Domaine Méo-Camuzet – tasting the 2019sDomaine Méo-Camuzet has, as I opined last year, a special aura, and a special place in Burgundy as both a link to the old master Henri Jayer and a connection to the core of Vosne-Romanée history. For me, the 2019 vintage is an alignment with this history, and with the greatness of an estate that ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Corton-CharlemagneTime is flying. There have already been 11 vintages since Domaine de la Romanée-Conti took on the making of a red Corton in 2009, and now the legendary estate is tackling another of Burgundy’s greats: Corton-Charlemagne. Its opportunity comes, of course, via the vineyards of the historic Bonneau du Martray (BdM) estate in Pernand-Vergeleses: Domaine de ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Meo-Camuzet – Corton La Vigne au SaintJean-Nicolas Meo has expanded his presence on the Corton hill, and now produces three single-vineyard Cortons and a negociant Corton-Charlemagne. At the same time, he seems to have lightened his extraction somewhat since 2007-08. As a result, the wines now seem a bit more hedonistic and lively. In 2009 he expanded the domaine with a plot ...
- Visit to Domaine Meo-Camuzet – tasting the 2018sDomaine Méo-Camuzet has a special aura, and a special place in my Burgundy history as both a link to the old master Henri Jayer and a connection to the core of Vosne-Romanee history. I have followed the Méo-Camuzet wines for many years, and have been very impressed by the progress at the estate, especially after 2007. ...
- Domaine Méo-Camuzet … tasting a few 2016sI had the pleasure of tasting a few of the Méo-Camuzet 2016s during the Grand Jours de Bourgogne. Jean-Nicolas Méo was as usual showing a range of his wines at the big Grands Jours de Bourgogne tasting at Clos de Vougeot. A rather intense tasting at the Chateau – with many people. I did however have a ...