The 2003 Aux Brulees from Meo-Camuzet is a big and intense wine. The bouquet is crammed with sweet dark fruit – notes of blueberries, cassis, liquorice and Vosne spices. On the palate very rich and dense fruit – sweet ripe notes – balanced with quite powerful tannins and a very fine minerality. It’s very dense .. but somehow Meo managed to find a quite nice balance in the wine … and the expression of terroir is surprisingly good. Not a big fan of these big and burly 03s .. but Meo really deserve credit for bringing the terroir forward in this monster wine.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Boudots 2010 December 15, 2017
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Echezeaux 2013 June 11, 2017
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Clos de Vougeot 2008 June 10, 2017
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne-Romanee Aux Brulee 2002 September 11, 2016
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne-Romanee Aux Brulee 2007 February 20, 2016
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Clos de Vougeot 2008 August 22, 2015
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne-Romanee Aux Brulees 2008 June 14, 2015
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Richebourg 2006 October 3, 2014
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne-Romanee Aux Brulees 2003 September 27, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Les Chaumes 1996 August 29, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Romanee 2008 July 2, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Boudots 2002 May 17, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Echezeaux 2011 May 12, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Aux Brulees 2011 May 11, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Echezeaux 2002 January 5, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Aux Brulees 2004 January 2, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Clos de Vougeot 2007 October 23, 2012
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Aux Brulees 2004 August 2, 2012
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Romanee 2005 July 3, 2012
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Clos de Vougeot 2004 June 18, 2012
- The Clos Vougeot Tasting 2022During the Grand Jours de Bourgogne there is usually a Clos Vougeot tasting for the press; and so it was this year. It’s a good initiative, although some of the wines perhaps lacked the standard that one expects from a modern-day Clos Vougeot. The prices of grand cru Burgundy today somehow raise the consumer’s expectations ...
- Visit to Domaine Méo-Camuzet – tasting the 2020sThe 2020s are in many ways special wines, coming from a vintage with potent structure and intensity. Their balance is usually very fine, with the acidity giving lovely equilibrium to the wines’ generous constitution. This balance is often impeccable, and will help provide serious drinking for many years to come. Jean-Nicolas Méo 2018 (I forgot the photo ...
- Richebourg or Varroilles?The northern part of the Richebourg vineyard is – or at least was – called Les Verroilles sous Richebourg. The two parts of Richebourg are today labeled as one vineyard, and talk about the differences between the two is now rare, and random. But there are some interesting geological and topological differences one can note – differences ...