The 2003 Aux Brulees from Meo-Camuzet is a big and intense wine. The bouquet is crammed with sweet dark fruit – notes of blueberries, cassis, liquorice and Vosne spices. On the palate very rich and dense fruit – sweet ripe notes – balanced with quite powerful tannins and a very fine minerality. It’s very dense .. but somehow Meo managed to find a quite nice balance in the wine … and the expression of terroir is surprisingly good. Not a big fan of these big and burly 03s .. but Meo really deserve credit for bringing the terroir forward in this monster wine.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Boudots 2010 December 15, 2017
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Echezeaux 2013 June 11, 2017
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Clos de Vougeot 2008 June 10, 2017
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne-Romanee Aux Brulee 2002 September 11, 2016
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne-Romanee Aux Brulee 2007 February 20, 2016
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Clos de Vougeot 2008 August 22, 2015
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne-Romanee Aux Brulees 2008 June 14, 2015
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Richebourg 2006 October 3, 2014
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne-Romanee Aux Brulees 2003 September 27, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Les Chaumes 1996 August 29, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Romanee 2008 July 2, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Boudots 2002 May 17, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Echezeaux 2011 May 12, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Aux Brulees 2011 May 11, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Echezeaux 2002 January 5, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Aux Brulees 2004 January 2, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Clos de Vougeot 2007 October 23, 2012
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Aux Brulees 2004 August 2, 2012
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Romanee 2005 July 3, 2012
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Clos de Vougeot 2004 June 18, 2012
- Terroir Insight: Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Corton-CharlemagneTime is flying. There have already been 11 vintages since Domaine de la Romanée-Conti took on the making of a red Corton in 2009, and now the legendary estate is tackling another of Burgundy’s greats: Corton-Charlemagne. Its opportunity comes, of course, via the vineyards of the historic Bonneau du Martray (BdM) estate in Pernand-Vergeleses: Domaine de ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Meo-Camuzet – Corton La Vigne au SaintJean-Nicolas Meo has expanded his presence on the Corton hill, and now produces three single-vineyard Cortons and a negociant Corton-Charlemagne. At the same time, he seems to have lightened his extraction somewhat since 2007-08. As a result, the wines now seem a bit more hedonistic and lively. In 2009 he expanded the domaine with a plot ...
- Visit to Domaine Meo-Camuzet – tasting the 2018sDomaine Méo-Camuzet has a special aura, and a special place in my Burgundy history as both a link to the old master Henri Jayer and a connection to the core of Vosne-Romanee history. I have followed the Méo-Camuzet wines for many years, and have been very impressed by the progress at the estate, especially after 2007. ...