The Chames Chambertin 2007 from Serafin is not showing well. The oak is still quite dominant in the nose but also notes of candied red fruit with hints of elderberries and raspberries. On the palate pure red fruit – quite light for a grand cru and lacking some depth in the fruit. The oak is still quite prominent in the wine … need some time to integrate this. Not bad wine but nevertheless a quite disappointing effort from Serafin.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Serafin, Gevrey-Chambertin Les Corbeaux 2006 February 8, 2017
- Domaine Serafin, Charmes Chambertin 1996 January 16, 2017
- Domaine Serafin, Charmes Chambertin 1995 January 16, 2017
- Domaine Serafin, Charmes Chambertin 2007 August 7, 2013
- Domaine Serafin, Gevrey Chambertin Les Cazetiers 1999 June 26, 2013
- Domaine Serafin, Gevrey Chambertin 2007 August 27, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...