Domaine Serafin makes a fine collection of Gevreys, with the Cazetiers being placed below the mighty Charmes Chambertin. It is a rustic wine in my view, mainly due to the relatively robust use of oak. I have followed this wine since the 1990 vintage, and it is not always made with the lightest hand. The 2018 is rich and on the dense side with red and dark fruits. It is on the hotter side of the 2018s vintage, and is lacking a bit of freshness (like many other 2018s, at least at the moment). This will require time.
(Drink From 2034) – Fine+ (91p) – Tasted 22/08/2020
The wine was enjoyed at a tasting held by Rufus Vin Aps in Copenhagen.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Serafin Gevrey- Chambertin Les Cazetiers 2018 September 1, 2020
- Domaine Serafin, Gevrey-Chambertin Les Corbeaux 2006 February 8, 2017
- Domaine Serafin, Charmes Chambertin 1996 January 16, 2017
- Domaine Serafin, Charmes Chambertin 1995 January 16, 2017
- Domaine Serafin, Charmes Chambertin 2007 August 7, 2013
- Domaine Serafin, Gevrey Chambertin Les Cazetiers 1999 June 26, 2013
- Domaine Serafin, Gevrey Chambertin 2007 August 27, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...