The Clos de la Roche 2002 from Hubert Lignier is still quite young and undeveloped. It’s made from 35 to 45 year old vines located in the parcel Monts Luisants – and the 2002 vintage is one of the very last made by Romain Lignier who sadly passed away in 2004. In the bouquet cherries and dark berries – but starting to show a few sweet red notes. On the palate quite tight with a fine concentration and length. The fruit is still young, dark and quite backward for a 2002 – with a strong backbone of tannins and acidity. A beautiful Clos de la Roche – but not quite in the same league as the magnificent 1999 from this domaine.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Hubert Lignier, Clos de la Roche 2002 October 24, 2018
- Hubert Lignier, Clos de la Roche 1997 January 1, 2018
- Hubert Lignier, Clos de la Roche 1996 December 19, 2015
- Hubert Lignier, Morey-Saint-Denis Tres Girard 2012 March 11, 2015
- Hubert Lignier, Clos de la Roche 1996 January 4, 2015
- Hubert Lignier, Morey-Saint-Denis Tres Girard 2011 March 4, 2014
- Hubert Lignier, Clos de la Roche 1999 November 7, 2013
- Hubert Lignier, Morey-Saint-Denis 1er cru VV. 2002 October 3, 2013
- Hubert Lignier, Clos de la Roche 2002 December 29, 2012
- Hubert Lignier, Clos de la Roche 2003 December 5, 2012
- Hubert Lignier, Morey-Saint-Denis 1er cru 1999 July 21, 2012
- Hubert Lignier, Clos de la Roche 1999 March 7, 2012
- Sips and Samples – week 43 – 2011 October 28, 2011
- Hubert Lignier, Clos de la Roche 2002 September 20, 2011
- Terroir View: Hubert Lignier Clos de la Roche – a new cuvéeDomaine Hubert Lignier was one of first estates I visited when I began my quest to understand Burgundy. This was back in the late 1990s when Romain Lignier was making truly magnificent wines at Domaine Hubert Lignier. Sadly Romain passed away in an untimely fashion in 2004 and, while the years after this were somewhat turbulent, ...
- Clos de la Roche – the core of Morey-Saint-DenisI have so far neglected the Morey-Saint-Denis appellation in my vineyard research .. but now its time to take on the wolves. Morey-Saint-Denis have several Grand Crus to offer .. Clos de Tart, a part of Bonnes Mares, Clos Saint Denis and Clos des Lambrays …but the signature wine of Morey is in my book somehow ...
- Vineyard Insight: Nuits-Saint-Georges Les DidiersThere are many vineyards in Burgundy, and even quite highly regarded 1er crus can be almost unknown, if the owners and vignerons producing the wines are under the market radar. Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Didiers is one of these 1er crus … located in the northern part of Premeaux-Prissey, just south of the border to Nuits-Saint-Georges. This 2.84 ha ...
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...