The Lynch Bages 1986 … third wine in a set with 2006 and 1996. The 1986 is showing quite mature notes, but is still quite fresh and tannic – old school claret. In the bouquet cassis, tobacco, cedar, pencil lead and hints of green peppar. On he palate good balance and concentration, good length with quite prominent tannins. It’s still quite fresh, but I really doubt if this example would benefit from further cellaring. The balance and expression is fine now, it’s drinking well, so why wait? A fine effort … but no match for the big 1996.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Lynch Bages, 1986 June 6, 2012
- Chateau Lynch Bages, 1996 May 29, 2012
- Chateau Lynch Bages, 2006 May 28, 2012
- Chateau Lynch Bages 1989 October 30, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...