The Lynch Bages 1996 is a classic claret. In the bouquet cassis, tobacco, cedar, pencil lead and hints of coffee. On he palate very good balance and concentration, with layers of lush fruit on the midpalate, and a long quite powerfull finish. The fruit is juicy, the tannins are ripe, but still firm. A beautiful claret – drinking well, but will keep 20 years more. Not quite at the same level as the great 1989 – Very Fine+
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Lynch Bages, 1986 June 6, 2012
- Chateau Lynch Bages, 1996 May 29, 2012
- Chateau Lynch Bages, 2006 May 28, 2012
- Chateau Lynch Bages 1989 October 30, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...