The Lynch Bages 1996 is a classic claret. In the bouquet cassis, tobacco, cedar, pencil lead and hints of coffee. On he palate very good balance and concentration, with layers of lush fruit on the midpalate, and a long quite powerfull finish. The fruit is juicy, the tannins are ripe, but still firm. A beautiful claret – drinking well, but will keep 20 years more. Not quite at the same level as the great 1989 – Very Fine+
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Lynch Bages, 1986 June 6, 2012
- Chateau Lynch Bages, 1996 May 29, 2012
- Chateau Lynch Bages, 2006 May 28, 2012
- Chateau Lynch Bages 1989 October 30, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...