The Moron-Garcia Marsannay Clos du Roy is a rather intense and powerful wine for this level. While the 2017s are fruity and forward this does have quite an edge – character and a lovely vivid expression. The nose offer plenty of red and dark fruits – quite intense. On the palate good energy – lovely minerality – will need a bit of time to unfold.
(Drink from 2023) – Very Good – (87 – 88p) – Tasted 06/03/2019.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Visit to Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé – Tasting the 2021s from Cask July 12, 2022
- Exploring the Domaine Tawse Musigny June 14, 2022
- On the Table, In the Glass #36: Un Vrai Vin de Soif June 6, 2022
- Domaine Charles Lachaux Côte de Nuits Villages Aux Montagnes 2019 April 3, 2022
- Domaine Bizot Vosne-Romanée Les Jachées 2006 March 25, 2022
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg Vosne-Romanée 2008 March 24, 2022
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2013 March 23, 2022
- Nicolas Faure Bourgogne Aligoté La Corvee de Bully 2014 March 11, 2022
- Domaine de Cassiopée Aligoté En Gerlieus 2020 March 10, 2022
- Nicolas Faure Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Herbues 2017 February 21, 2022
- Visit to Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé – tasting the 2020s from cask November 6, 2021
- Domaine Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2007 in magnum September 8, 2021
- Domaine Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2018 September 8, 2021
- Domaine Trapet Latricieres-Chambertin 2018 September 5, 2021
- Domaine Georges Roumier Chambolle-Musigny Les Cras 2010 June 25, 2021
- The DRC Richebourg 2010 and a contrasting RSV May 14, 2021
- Visit to Domaine Anne Gros – tasting the 2019s May 3, 2021
- Domaine Aladame 2019s February 5, 2021
- Domaine Arnaud et Sophie Vosne-Romanee Les Barreaux 2018 September 10, 2020
- Domaine Georges Roumier Chambolle-Musigny 2015 September 8, 2020
- Domaine Serafin Gevrey- Chambertin Les Cazetiers 2018 September 1, 2020
- Domaine Denis Carré Meursault Tillets 2017 September 1, 2020
- Domaine Georges Roumier Chambolle Musigny Les Combottes 2010 September 1, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Genevrieres 1990 July 4, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Genevrieres 1988 July 1, 2020
- Domaine Roulot Meursault Les Meix Chavaux 1992 June 30, 2020
- Domaine Roulot Meursault Charmes 2007 June 27, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Charmes 2001 June 27, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Genevrieres 1989 June 26, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Goutte d’Or 1988 June 26, 2020
- Visit to Philippe Pacalet – tasting the 2021s from caskI have followed Philippe Pacalet’s wines since his first vintage almost 20 years ago. I furthermore followed the wines he made at Domaine Prieure-Roch before he began on his own endeveaur. I enjoy Pacalet’s wines, and they almost always provide – for me at least – an essential hedonistic joy, despite the ultimate complexity and detail ...
- Bourgogne needs rain to balance the summer heatThe 2022 harvest is peeping around the corner, and people are counting the days and hours, ready to spring into action when the grapes are ready, or “à point.” À point – at just the right time; at the peak of ripeness; at the perfect degree of doneness. Slow and uneven veraison I regularly speak to vignerons on my way through ...
- Visit at Domaine Edouard Confuron – tasting the 2021sEdouard Confuron (a part of the Confuron family) comes from the relatively low-profile Confuron-Gindre estate, which is located just below La Grande Rue, next to Domaine Meo-Camuzet. Edouard is working with his father, but is slowly – and successfully, to my mind at least – making his mark on the wines. The relatively traditional style has ...
- Fish and Chips from Gordon Ramsay‘Hog still a bit off track – so more Fish and Chips!. Usually quite an inexpensive dish, a top-notch fish and chips can in my opinion out-do a lot of overcomplicated Michelin food. Simplicity is king; few ingredients and main flavours are the keys. Here is a version created by Gordon Ramsey one of ...
- From Cask to Bottle with Domaine GarciaJoy and hedonism are what I look for in a bottle of wine, and for me it’s important that it shows well even when tasted young. Much of the enjoyment comes from setting your mind free to indulge, and embracing the moment; not through analysis or a two-hour session of self-indulgent navel-gazing – as I see ...