I really love the dramatic style and energy of the 2008 whites … and this feisty Chevalier Montrachet from Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey is most certainly no exception. In the nose fresh and expressive youthful white and yellow fruits – and loads of citrus infused minerality. On the palate quite mineralic and crunchy for a Chevalier .. with a very fresh and vibrant acidity. It’s long, powerful with a lovely nerve and focus. Still very youthful … and need time to develop mature notes and more complexity. A gorgeous Chevalier in the making.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey, Chevalier Montrachet 2008 October 24, 2015
- Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey, Meursault Les Gouttes d’Or 2012 January 21, 2015
- Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey, Saint-Aubin Le Banc 2012 December 1, 2014
- Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey, Saint-Aubin Les Combes 2012 August 9, 2014
- WineHog rating system – more than points My aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...