The Saint-Aubin Le Banc 2012 from Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey is a rich and ripe Saint-Aubin. In the nose rich yellow fruit .. notes of pineapple, almonds and apple … hints of gunpowder .. quite expressively spiced with minerality, oak and citrus. On the palate deep and quite dense yellow fruit for a Saint-Aubin. Lovely balance .. a quite weighty wine with a slight midpalate sweetness. A balanced and quite powerful effort.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey, Chevalier Montrachet 2008 October 24, 2015
- Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey, Meursault Les Gouttes d’Or 2012 January 21, 2015
- Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey, Saint-Aubin Le Banc 2012 December 1, 2014
- Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey, Saint-Aubin Les Combes 2012 August 9, 2014
- WineHog rating system – more than points My aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...