The 1997 Remoissenet Montrachet is showing very well for the vintage. In the nose dark yellow fruit .. pineapple, white peach brought forward by a fine and powerful minerality. After some time in the glass notes of hazelnuts, gunpowder and syrup .On the palate rich and weighty fruit with fine airyness for a 1997. Delightful balance and length – quite delicate minerality – after some time in the glass more complexity and definition. A very fine effort for this vintage .. lovely freshness.
Latest tasting Notes for this producer
- Remoissenet, Montrachet 1998 May 23, 2018
- Remoissenet. Montrachet 1997 October 18, 2015
- Remoissenet, Montrachet 1982 October 14, 2015
- The Mysterious Musigny 1929 From time to time I taste old Burgundies, but today it rare to taste or even find good genuine old Burgundies. So I rarely taste wines older than 1971, and therefore really have lost track of how the very old vintages perform these days. With Rudy Kurniawan and his consorts floating the market with fake ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points My aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...