The 1998 Remoissenet Montrachet is now fully mature in my view. In the nose dark yellow fruit .. pineapple, white peach, hazelnuts – with a foundation of stony minerality. The warmer and sweeter notes like acacia and fique with hints of quince becomes more intense with air and as the temperature rises. It offers fine complexity, length and power – yet the development in the glass suggest drink now!
(Drink Now) – Fine+ – (92p) – Tasted 22/05/2018
Latest tasting Notes for this producer
- Remoissenet, Montrachet 1998 May 23, 2018
- Remoissenet. Montrachet 1997 October 18, 2015
- Remoissenet, Montrachet 1982 October 14, 2015
- The Mysterious Musigny 1929 From time to time I taste old Burgundies, but today it rare to taste or even find good genuine old Burgundies. So I rarely taste wines older than 1971, and therefore really have lost track of how the very old vintages perform these days. With Rudy Kurniawan and his consorts floating the market with fake ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points My aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...