October 24th 2017 – delighted to be back at Domaine Arnaud Tessier in Meursault – expectations high and feeling motivated to taste some fine Meursault.
Arnaud Tessier – who seems to love hard work – is expanding the estate, after buying the neighbouring buildings. The work began almost one year ago – and the construction work – both in the cellar and at ground level is now near an end – then all the finishing touches remaining.
This is truly hard work that Arnaud is putting in with his wife Catherine, aside from the dedicated and hard work he is doing in the vineyards – truly impressive dedication from this lovely couple.
And make no mistake – Arnaud is a perfectionist – so I would not be surprised to see the estate meticulously restored when I come back next time to taste the 2017s – this is a very determined and hard working family.
The hard work is certainly paying off at this estate – and for me more importantly also reflected in the wines made here … the 2016s are even more impressive than the 2015s – in my view at least.
For more info on the Tessier estate – check the article from my first visit in November 2016.
Tasting the 2016s from Domaine Tessier, October 24th 2017
The 2016 vintage is both balanced and intense – offering good freshness and acidity after the rich yet suprisingly balanced 2015 vintage.
Tessier did very well indeed in the 2015 vintage – lovely effortless balance and freshness in the wines – yet I still feel that the 2016s here are a notch up quality wise – as focus is better – and the 2016s also seem to have a effortless airiness and energy not quite found in the 2015 vintage.
You need to login to read the recommendations. If you are not a subscriber, use the subscribe function and sign-up.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Tessier, Bourgogne Blanc “Champ-Perrier” 2014 May 10, 2017
- Domaine Tessier, Meursault Charmes-Dessus 2010 December 23, 2016
- Domaine Tessier, Meursault Genevrieres 2013 October 8, 2016
- Domaine Tessier, Meursault Genevrieres 2011 August 30, 2016
- Domaine Tessier, Meursault Charmes-Dessus 2010 June 2, 2016
- Domaine Tessier, Meursault Genevrieres 2011 December 28, 2015
- Domaine Tessier, Meursault Genevrieres 2011 June 7, 2015
- Domaine Tessier, Meursault Charmes-Dessus 2010 March 7, 2015
- Domaine Arnaud Tessier, Meursault Charmes Dessus 2010 April 15, 2013
- Arnaud Tessier, Meursault Charmes-Dessus 2008 October 24, 2012
- Domaine Arnaud Tessier, Le Poruzot Dessus 2008 August 20, 2012
- Domaine Arnaud Tessier, Meursault Genevrieres 2009 June 23, 2012
- Visit Domaine Arnaud Tessier, tasting the 2017 vintage February 14th 2019 – delighted to be back at Domaine Arnaud Tessier in Meursault – expectations high as the 2017s white Burgundies are gorgeous. Catherine Guillin – February 2019 The Tessier renovation of the estate has come even further – impressive work – with the new large cellar. Catherine Guillin was receiving us – ready to ...
- Burgundy .. 2017 and a look at 2018 The 2017s are now getting bottled in many estates, and its time to give a status, before the 2018s are ready to taste and evaluate. I have tasted quite a few 2017s over the past year – and some more in the last week – 11th to 15th of February. This has really confirmed the quality ...
- Visit Domaine Arnaud Tessier, tasting the 2016 vintage from tank October 24th 2017 – delighted to be back at Domaine Arnaud Tessier in Meursault – expectations high and feeling motivated to taste some fine Meursault. Arnaud Tessier – who seems to love hard work – is expanding the estate, after buying the neighbouring buildings. The work began almost one year ago – and the construction ...
- Second round of visits October 2017 The October trip is a shorter stop before the main round of tastings in start November 2017. Here are more new estates + also some well known adresses I have visited with great pleasure during the last few years. Domaine Arnaud Tessier First out here is Domaine Arnaud Tessier in Meursault – one of my favorite producers in ...
- Visit Domaine Tessier, tasting the 2015 vintage from cask It’s often fascinating to see the difference between the Burgundy villages and appellations .. they all have their own character and ambience. Meursault is a very interesting place with a lovely ambience in the city center, yet I never seem to explore the town – perhaps I should do just that next time. The Meursault hype .. The ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...