Jean-Marie Fourrier also produces a range of negociant wines, from various top-end Burgundy vineyards.
The wines are labeled Jean-Marie Fourrier (not Domaine Fourrier, like the estate wines – see the two different labels below).
There is huge interest in the Fourrier wines, thus also in the negociant wines, and I have received a number of questions regarding the style and quality of these wines.
At the tasting this year we sampled four negociant bottlings. While this was not the full monty, it was still a fine selection, so I will try to respond to some of these questions.
The difference between Fourrier domaine and negociant wines?
All the wines from Jean-Marie Fourrier are similar style-wise. There are, however, some rather obvious differences between the estate and negociant wines in 2018 – differences worth noting before pairing the wines in a tasting.
That being said, the 2015 negociant wines – tasted in 2016 – were harder to differentiate from the domaine wines. That is not the case with the 2018 portfolio, where the differences are somewhat more noticeable.
You need to login to read the notes for the negociant wines and the Winehog buying recommendations. If you are not a subscriber, use the subscribe function and sign-up.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Fourrier, Gevrey Chambertin Les Goulots 2013 March 11, 2017
- Domaine Fourrier, Griotte-Chambertin 1999 August 12, 2016
- Domaine Fourrier, Gevrey Chambertin Clos St. Jacques 2002 September 13, 2015
- Domaine Fourrier, Gevrey Chambertin Les Cherbaudes 2011 January 30, 2015
- Domaine Fourrier, Gevrey Les Cherbaudes 2012 July 15, 2014
- Domaine Fourrier, Morey-Saint-Denis Clos Solon 2011 January 14, 2014
- Domaine Fourrier, Bourgogne Blanc 2011 January 12, 2014
- Visit Jean-Marie Fourrier, tasting the 2018 negociant winesJean-Marie Fourrier also produces a range of negociant wines, from various top-end Burgundy vineyards. The wines are labeled Jean-Marie Fourrier (not Domaine Fourrier, like the estate wines – see the two different labels below). There is huge interest in the Fourrier wines, thus also in the negociant wines, and I have received a number of questions regarding ...
- Visit Domaine Jean-Marie Fourrier, tasting the 2018sI have not had the opportunity to visit Domaine Fourrier since the 2015 vintage, so I was delighted to be back to taste the 2018s. I like the Fourrier wines, with their forward and apparent fruity pleasure. They are perhaps not the most concentrated or powerful wines, but their gorgeous fruity character appeals to my hedonistic ...
- Visit Domaine Fourrier, tasting of the 2015sBurgundy is about all change – and since I have been collecting Bourgundian wines for almost 25 years, a lot of changes has happened since I began to buy wines from the region. When I began the “Parker wave” in Burgundy had just started (in view one of the darkest periods in recent Bourgundian history) – ...