William Fevre really succeded in the 2010 vintage and the Chablis Bougros is a truly lovely Chablis. In the bouquet lovely minerality combined with white flowers, yellow fruit and fine citrus notes. On the palate powerful minerality with a very fine fruit intensity. It’s quite muscular and full-bodied. Very nicely balanced with a juicy core of ripe fruit and a very long focused finish. It’s fresh, offers good complexity and excellent concentration, A fine Chablis – quite impressive effort from Fevre.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- William Fevre, Chablis Bougros Côte Bouguerots 2010 May 4, 2019
- William Fevre, Chablis Bougros Côte Bouguerots 2010 July 27, 2017
- William Fevre, Chablis Vaulorent 2010 March 3, 2013
- Domaine William Fevre, Chablis Vaulorent 2010 January 18, 2013
- Domaine William Fevre, Chablis Bougros 2010 November 8, 2012
- Domaine William Fevre, Chablis Les Lys 1er cru November 7, 2012
- The Diam closure – now and in the long runThe Diam closure is now used by many of the top producers of white and while this has or is expected to eliminate the premox problems some collectors are still sceptical about this new closure – I for one want to learn more about the long term effects of using Diam instead of natural corks. Interview ...
- Tasting of the 2015 Chablis from William FevreAs most readers know I’m not a Chablis devotee, although I have tasted my share of fine Chablis over the years. I love a good Chablis, and one of my favourite sources is William Fevre – the Henriot owned producer – alongside Raveneau and Dauvissat. So always I make do with the very best if ...
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...