The William Fevre Chablis Bougros Côte Bouguerots 2010 is a tremendous Chablis from two steep plots at the foot of the Bougros vineyard. The nose is fresh but showing some matured limestone notes – hint of apple, crushed hazelnuts – a filigree yet intense minerality. On the palate lovely tension and freshness with a intense core of fruit and a long mineral driven finish. A big and quite powerful Chablis – very mineral with a fantastic balance and energy. It seems like the wine is pretty well developed – and the Diam 10 cork have ensured a sufficient development. Maturity is more or less as expected – so the diam has done a fine job.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- William Fevre, Chablis Bougros Côte Bouguerots 2010 May 4, 2019
- William Fevre, Chablis Bougros Côte Bouguerots 2010 July 27, 2017
- William Fevre, Chablis Vaulorent 2010 March 3, 2013
- Domaine William Fevre, Chablis Vaulorent 2010 January 18, 2013
- Domaine William Fevre, Chablis Bougros 2010 November 8, 2012
- Domaine William Fevre, Chablis Les Lys 1er cru November 7, 2012
- The Diam closure – now and in the long runThe Diam closure is now used by many of the top producers of white and while this has or is expected to eliminate the premox problems some collectors are still sceptical about this new closure – I for one want to learn more about the long term effects of using Diam instead of natural corks. Interview ...
- Tasting of the 2015 Chablis from William FevreAs most readers know I’m not a Chablis devotee, although I have tasted my share of fine Chablis over the years. I love a good Chablis, and one of my favourite sources is William Fevre – the Henriot owned producer – alongside Raveneau and Dauvissat. So always I make do with the very best if ...
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...