The Jean Grivot Echezeaux 1988 was a wonderful wine. The bouquet was oozing with mature but fresh vibrant red pinot aromas – strawberry and frambroise. Fine complexity, minerality and finesse in the nose. On the palate very vibrant red fruits with a good acidity – and a medium body. This is not at big Grand Cru, but a typical good 1988, with very good balance and freshness. A pleasure.
(Drink Now) Fine – 91p
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Rouges 2009 November 29, 2016
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Beaux-Monts 2014 June 5, 2016
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Echezeaux 2014 May 23, 2016
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Clos de Vougeot 2014 May 23, 2016
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2008 March 19, 2016
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2007 November 30, 2014
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2004 June 30, 2014
- Jean Grivot, Clos de Vougeot 2011 April 22, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2011 April 18, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Beaux Monts 2011 April 17, 2013
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2009 March 30, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2007 March 8, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2009 April 2, 2012
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 1988 November 7, 2011
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2008 October 13, 2011
- Visit Domaine Grivot: Tasting of the 2016s from cask Domaine Grivot seem to go from strength to strength making lovely and enjoyable wines. The 2015s showed very well indeed, with their generous and charming style. The 2016 vintage is quite another ballgame, as the April frost played a big role in how the individual wines have turned out. This is especially the case for ...
- Second round of visits October 2017 The October trip is a shorter stop before the main round of tastings in start November 2017. Here are more new estates + also some well known adresses I have visited with great pleasure during the last few years. Domaine Arnaud Tessier First out here is Domaine Arnaud Tessier in Meursault – one of my favorite producers in ...
- Visit Domaine Grivot: Tasting of the 2015s from cask To be honest I was very impressed indeed by the 2015s when I tasted them in June 2016 – it was before malo, so I was quite cautious not to be too exited, but already at that point I felt that something special was fermenting in the barrels in the cellars at Domaine Grivot. I was ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Jean Grivot Vosne-Romanée Aux Brûlées Domaine Grivot is making a large range of 1er crus, and while many are very fine indeed .. some stand out at least in the 2014 and the 2015 vintage. One of my new favorites – always had the Aux Reignots as the top dog (or is that hog) of the 1er crus – is the ...
- Tasting of the 2014s from Domaine Grivot Domaine Grivot has improved quality tremendously over the last 5 to 10 years, optimizing and improving the wines little by little each year. The wines are made with a lighter hand with the oak less present in the young wines, and since 2009 the micro details and the purity of the wines have been significantly improved. ...
- One of the keys to find the best 2015 red Burgundies I have tasted 2015 Burgundy reds in March, June and November 2016 and found some special wines in this vintage – wines with extraordinary qualities .. wines that seem to have an extra level of energy and tension. In June I struggled to see the pattern and the key to find these wines – but finally ...
- Burgundy Impressions November 2016 – part 2 Domaine Georges Noëllat in Vosne-Romanee Maxime Cheurlin is one of the most talented producers in Burgundy – and he has produced some beautiful and energetic 2015s. The lineup offered a few new wines – and they were just as the more reknown appellations very balanced and seductive. Maxime Cheurlin and his two lovely dogs in front of ...
- Vineyard Insight: Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Laviéres There are a lot of interesting terroirs in the Vosne-Romanee appellation itself and in the twillight zone between Nuits-Saint-Georges and Vosne-Romanee. This area is somewhat overlooked, but as the new generations of vignerons take on these terroirs, there are very fine wines to find from these vineyards. I have already covered the vineyards: Aux Réas Clos des Réas Aux Bas ...