The Jean Grivot Echezeaux 1988 was a wonderful wine. The bouquet was oozing with mature but fresh vibrant red pinot aromas – strawberry and frambroise. Fine complexity, minerality and finesse in the nose. On the palate very vibrant red fruits with a good acidity – and a medium body. This is not at big Grand Cru, but a typical good 1988, with very good balance and freshness. A pleasure.
(Drink Now) Fine – 91p
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Rouges 2009 November 29, 2016
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Beaux-Monts 2014 June 5, 2016
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Echezeaux 2014 May 23, 2016
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Clos de Vougeot 2014 May 23, 2016
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2008 March 19, 2016
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2007 November 30, 2014
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2004 June 30, 2014
- Jean Grivot, Clos de Vougeot 2011 April 22, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2011 April 18, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Beaux Monts 2011 April 17, 2013
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2009 March 30, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2007 March 8, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2009 April 2, 2012
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 1988 November 7, 2011
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2008 October 13, 2011
- Second round of visits October 2017 The October trip is a shorter stop before the main round of tastings in start November 2017. Here are more new estates + also some well known adresses I have visited with great pleasure during the last few years. Domaine Arnaud Tessier First out here is Domaine Arnaud Tessier in Meursault – one of my favorite producers in ...
- Visit Domaine Grivot: Tasting of the 2015s from cask To be honest I was very impressed indeed by the 2015s when I tasted them in June 2016 – it was before malo, so I was quite cautious not to be too exited, but already at that point I felt that something special was fermenting in the barrels in the cellars at Domaine Grivot. I was ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Jean Grivot Vosne-Romanée Aux Brûlées Domaine Grivot is making a large range of 1er crus, and while many are very fine indeed .. some stand out at least in the 2014 and the 2015 vintage. One of my new favorites – always had the Aux Reignots as the top dog (or is that hog) of the 1er crus – is the ...
- Tasting of the 2014s from Domaine Grivot Domaine Grivot has improved quality tremendously over the last 5 to 10 years, optimizing and improving the wines little by little each year. The wines are made with a lighter hand with the oak less present in the young wines, and since 2009 the micro details and the purity of the wines have been significantly improved. ...
- One of the keys to find the best 2015 red Burgundies I have tasted 2015 Burgundy reds in March, June and November 2016 and found some special wines in this vintage – wines with extraordinary qualities .. wines that seem to have an extra level of energy and tension. In June I struggled to see the pattern and the key to find these wines – but finally ...
- Burgundy Impressions November 2016 – part 2 Domaine Georges Noëllat in Vosne-Romanee Maxime Cheurlin is one of the most talented producers in Burgundy – and he has produced some beautiful and energetic 2015s. The lineup offered a few new wines – and they were just as the more reknown appellations very balanced and seductive. Maxime Cheurlin and his two lovely dogs in front of ...
- Vineyard Insight: Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Laviéres There are a lot of interesting terroirs in the Vosne-Romanee appellation itself and in the twillight zone between Nuits-Saint-Georges and Vosne-Romanee. This area is somewhat overlooked, but as the new generations of vignerons take on these terroirs, there are very fine wines to find from these vineyards. I have already covered the vineyards: Aux Réas Clos des Réas Aux Bas ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots Vosne Romanee Aux Reignots is becoming more and more acclaimed as the quality increases – and while good wines were made before 2000 the quality today from several top producers like Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Domaine Grivot and Domaine Cathiard is much higher – and this places Aux Reignots amongst the most interesting terroirs of ...