The impression from Daviot Perrins Meursault Perrrieres 04 is a bit mixed. The bouquet is young and fresh with gun powder and a fine minerlity. On the palate somewhat more developed, but good structure and length. The wine is however not 100% pure, as Perrin’s wines normally are. Lacking a bit of nerve and crisp purity – most likely a slight premox.
(Drink now) Fine – 89p
Tasted 28/09/2011 at Gustavs Bistro
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne Clos du Chateau 2009 January 3, 2020
- Henri Boillot Corton-Charlemagne 2017 December 5, 2019
- Domaine Robert Groffier Chambolle Les Amoureuses “Cuvée Blonde” 2016 November 21, 2019
- Domaine d’Eugenie Grands Echezeaux 2014 November 21, 2019
- Domaine Naudin-Ferrand Côte de Nuits Villages «Viola Odorata» 2012 November 5, 2019
- Domaine de la Romanée-Conti, Romanée-Saint-Vivant 2009 – 7 years after October 23, 2019
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles 2000 October 13, 2019
- Hope for an old Romanée-Conti, and a delightful Dujac 1976 September 27, 2019
- Domaine Robert Groffier Chambolle Les Hauts Doix 2010 September 4, 2019
- Domaine Dublère, Charmes-Chambertin 2006 September 1, 2019
- Domaine Lafouge, Auxey-Duresse Climat du Val 2016 August 16, 2019
- Domaine Arnaud et Sophie, Vosne-Romanee “Les Barreaux” 2017 August 16, 2019
- Domaine Arnaud et Sophie, Bourgogne Passetoutgrain rosé 2018 August 16, 2019
- Domaine Arnaud et Sophie, Bourgogne Passetoutgrain rosé 2017 July 30, 2019
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos de Chateau 2009 July 26, 2019
- La Ferme de Saint Roux, Friponne rosé 2018 July 24, 2019
- Domaine Moron-Garcia, Corton “Cuvée Baie par Baie” 2017 July 23, 2019
- Vincent Wine Company, Pinot Noir Eola-Amity Hills Zenith Vineyard 2016 July 14, 2019
- Château-Grillet 2008 June 29, 2019
- Domaine d’Eugenie, Chassagne-Montrachet Les Perclos 2015 June 29, 2019
- Domaine Aurelien Verdet, Vosne-Romanée Les Beauxmonts 2017 June 25, 2019
- Vincent Wine Company, Pinot Noir Ribbon Ridge Armstrong Vineyard 2016 June 17, 2019
- Vincent Wine Company, Pinot Noir Eola-Amity Hills, Bjornson Vineyard 2016 June 11, 2019
- Vincent Wine Company, Chardonnay Willamette Valley “Tardive” 2017 June 11, 2019
- Domaine Aurelien Verdet, Nuits-Saint-Georges 2017 June 10, 2019
- Domaine Jean-Pierre Maldant, Savigny-les-Beaune 1er Cru “Aux Fourneaux” 2017 June 1, 2019
- Domaine Jean-Pierre Maldant, Corton Les Grandes Lolières 2017 June 1, 2019
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de Vougeot 2002 May 10, 2019
- Domaine Ponsot, Chapelle Chambertin 1999 May 9, 2019
- Laurent Ponsot, Meursault Charmes 2016 May 9, 2019
- Visit to Domaine Grivot – tasting the 2018s Planning tastings in Burgundy is sometimes difficult, as unexpected events can delay the program and – if you’re not careful – cause problems for the rest of the day. The Grivot visit last year came after a lovely tasting at Domaine Dujac, an event that took a bit more time than planned (by me at least). Mathilde ...
- Visit to Domaine Georges Glantenay – tasting the 2018s Domaine Georges Glantenay is the second of two well-known Glantenay estates in Volnay, the other being Bernard and Thierry Glantenay, whom I visited in July 2019. Domaine Georges Glantenay is located quite high in the village, but also has a more visible shop in the very centre of Volnay just below the church. Domaine Georges Glantenay is ...
- Visit to Domaine Meo-Camuzet – tasting the 2018s Domaine Méo-Camuzet has a special aura, and a special place in my Burgundy history as both a link to the old master Henri Jayer and a connection to the core of Vosne-Romanee history. I have followed the Méo-Camuzet wines for many years, and have been very impressed by the progress at the estate, especially after 2007. ...
- Visit to Domaine Michel Mallard – tasting the red 2018s I’m back below the Corton hill in Ladoix-Serrigny, visiting Michel Mallard at his family estate that is conveniently called … Domaine Michel Mallard, after his grandfather. For a bit more info on the Michel Mallard estate check the article about the white 2018s. Ladoix a part of Aloxe and Corton Ladoix-Serrigny contains a part of the Corton hill ...
- Visit to Domaine Michel Mallard – tasting the white 2018s I’m back below the Corton hill in Ladoix-Serrigny, visiting Michel Mallard at his family estate that is conveniently called … Domaine Michel Mallard, after his grandfather. Domaine Michel Mallard is one of the more prominent and well-known estates in Ladoix, as Michel is also the winemaker at Domaine d’Eugenie in Vosne-Romanée, while at the same time ...
- Terroir View: Domaine Robert Sirugue Grands Echezeaux Grands Echezeaux is experiencing a revival, with producers like Georges Noëllat, Coquard-Loison-Fleurot, Jean-Marc Millot and Domaine Robert Sirugue improving quality in this appellation, after Domaine de la Romanée-Conti also took some impressive leaps forward quality-wise with its Grands Echezeaux. In this article, I will take a closer look at the Grands Echezeaux from Domaine Robert Sirugue, ...
- Visit to Domaine Dujac – tasting the 2018s The Winehog has a long history with Domaine Dujac, as I have followed it since the early 1990s. I have tasted many wines even further back – including a delightful 1976 Clos St. Denis that is a benchmark for hot vintages, alongside some 1947s and perhaps a few 1959s from other domaines. After tasting many 2018s, ...
- Visit to Domaine Cathiard – tasting the 2018s from cask I’m back at Domaine Cathiard after missing the 2017s last winter. And YES, it is good to be back. Cathiard has certainly taken its place in the Vosne hierarchy as a regular, dependable producer of hedonistic and very enjoyable wines. These are great wines. So let’s get thrilled … Photo: Sebastien Cathiard, November 2019 Impression and notes from tasting ...