The impression from Daviot Perrins Meursault Perrrieres 04 is a bit mixed. The bouquet is young and fresh with gun powder and a fine minerlity. On the palate somewhat more developed, but good structure and length. The wine is however not 100% pure, as Perrin’s wines normally are. Lacking a bit of nerve and crisp purity – most likely a slight premox.
(Drink now) Fine – 89p
Tasted 28/09/2011 at Gustavs Bistro
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Vincent Wine Company, Pinot Noir Eola-Amity Hills Zenith Vineyard 2016 July 14, 2019
- Château-Grillet 2008 June 29, 2019
- Domaine d’Eugenie, Chassagne-Montrachet Les Perclos 2015 June 29, 2019
- Domaine Aurelien Verdet, Vosne-Romanée Les Beauxmonts 2017 June 25, 2019
- Vincent Wine Company, Pinot Noir Ribbon Ridge Armstrong Vineyard 2016 June 17, 2019
- Vincent Wine Company, Pinot Noir Eola-Amity Hills, Bjornson Vineyard 2016 June 11, 2019
- Vincent Wine Company, Chardonnay Willamette Valley “Tardive” 2017 June 11, 2019
- Domaine Aurelien Verdet, Nuits-Saint-Georges 2017 June 10, 2019
- Domaine Jean-Pierre Maldant, Savigny-les-Beaune 1er Cru “Aux Fourneaux” 2017 June 1, 2019
- Domaine Jean-Pierre Maldant, Corton Les Grandes Lolières 2017 June 1, 2019
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de Vougeot 2002 May 10, 2019
- Domaine Ponsot, Chapelle Chambertin 1999 May 9, 2019
- Laurent Ponsot, Meursault Charmes 2016 May 9, 2019
- Laurent Ponsot, Griotte Chambertin “Cuvée du Saule” 2016 May 9, 2019
- William Fevre, Chablis Bougros Côte Bouguerots 2010 May 4, 2019
- Domaine J.-F. Mugnier, Nuits Clos de la Marechale 2013 May 4, 2019
- Bouchard Pere et Fils, Beaune Greves l’Enfant Jesus 2017 May 3, 2019
- Bruno Clavelier, Vosne-Romanee La Combe Brulee 2012 May 1, 2019
- Bouchard Pere et Fils, Corton-Charlemagne 2017 May 1, 2019
- Domaine Arnaud et Sophie, Vosne-Romanee “Les Barreaux” 2016 May 1, 2019
- Domaine Moron-Garcia, Beaune Les Tuvilains 2017 April 26, 2019
- Bouchard Pere et Fils, Chevalier Montrachet 2017 April 25, 2019
- Domaine Dujac, Vosne-Romanée Aux Malconsort 2010 March 25, 2019
- Domaine Moron-Garcia, Marsannay Clos du Roy 2017 March 7, 2019
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2016 March 6, 2019
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2009 March 6, 2019
- Domaine Moron-Garcia, Bourgogne Blanc 2017 March 6, 2019
- Domaine Nicolas Faure Bourgogne Aligote La Corvees de Bully 2017 February 19, 2019
- Domaine Jacques Cacheux, Echezeaux 1999 February 9, 2019
- Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé, Musigny 2004 February 8, 2019
- Domaine Moron-Garcia – tasting the 2018s from cask On my trip to Burgundy in May I had the pleasure of revisiting Domaine Moron-Garcia in Nuits-Saint-Georges to taste the 2018s wines from cask. Wine and people Domaine Moron-Garcia is managed by Matthieu Moron and Pierre-Oliver Garcia, who are making some fabulous wines in a modest-sized cellar in Nuits-Saint-Georges. The first vintage for the estate was 2016. This ...
- Visit Cécile Tremblay, tasting the 2018s from cask I have been very lucky regularly to visit many of the top-end producers in Burgundy. But from time to time difficulties arise and years pass without securing a visit. This is one of the visits on which I have been waiting for several years. And finally I got the chance to visit the magnificent Cécile Tremblay! A ...
- Visit Domaine Y. Clerget, tasting the 2018s from cask What can I say: It is always a pleasure to visit Thibaud Clerget in Pommard, and the 2018 Clerget wines really impressed me on this most recent occasion. I first visited Thibaud in 2016, tasting the 2015 vintage, and the 2018 wines really show the improvements he has implemented since (almost equally hot) 2015. Hot years require ...
- Restaurants in Burgundy .. my current and recent choices Many readers have asked me about the restaurants in Burgundy – where do I eat? And were can one expect to get good food and wine? This is not trivial, but with good planning it is possible to get very good food – even at reasonable prices. It’s important to note .. I do value a good ...
- The 2018s the great, the fine, and the potentially ugly I am just back from Burgundy, tasting lineups of 2018 wines. A eventful and lovely trip – the culinary side was excellent, as were most of the tastings. Yet I also found some of the 2018s problematic from normally very competent producers – indicating that 2018 was indeed a difficult year for some. What we can ...
- Collins Corner #20 – The numbers game A flood of statistics have been created in the rush to find the first and best information on red Burgundies. If numbers are to be believed, Recently with 2014,15,16,17,and the 2018 , ‘Outstanding’ numbers proliferate. The best headlines are reserved for 2015 and now 2018, although the latter is still very much in the ...
- Exploring Ladoix and surroundings – visiting Domaine Michel Mallard Villages like Marsannay, Fixin and Brochon are sadly overlooked, but perhaps even more below the radar are Corgoloin and Comblanchien. Yet the most prominent of these little-regarded appellations is Ladoix-Serrigny, the entrance to the Côte de Beaune just north of Beaune and below the beautiful Corton hill. Aloxe-Corton gets plenty of fame and glory from the ...
- Domaine de Bellene – Nicolas Potel, in other words Summertime and tastings. This week I attended a presentation of Domaine de Bellene by the founder of the estate Nicholas Potel, a well-known name in the Burgundian wine world. It was a lovely and quite extravagant tasting at the fine old Hotel d’Angeleterre in Copenhagen – or to be precise at the restaurant Marchal, who had ...