The Charmes Chambertin 2014 from Domaine Coquard Loison-Fleurot is showing very well indeed. The oak is well integrated and the red and dark berry fruits in the bouquet are fresh and vibrant – cherries and boysenberries. On the palate quite rich and energetic fruit – elegant and vibrant, a very well balanced wine. Transparent and elegant without being a blockbuster Charmes .. I really like the elegant expression in these wines.
(Drink from 2027) – Very Fine – (93 – 94p) – Tasted 06/02/2018
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Coquard Loison-Fleurot, Charmes Chambertin 2014 February 8, 2018
- Domaine Coquard Loison Fleurot, Clos de la Roche 2010 December 15, 2017
- Domaine Coquard Loison Fleurot, Vosne-Romanée 2014 June 2, 2017
- Terroir View – Domaine Coquard Loison Fleurot Grands-Echezeaux The Grands-Echezeaux is seeing a revival in these years with producers like Georges Noëllat, Domaine Robert Sirugue, and Jean-Marc Millot improving the quality tremendously and Domaine de la Romanée-Conti also seem to have taken a big step forward quality wise with the Grands-Echezeaux. In this article I will take a closer look at the Domaine Coquard ...
- Visit Domaine Coquard-Loison-Fleurot – tasting the 2017s from cask A few years back one could find wines from Domaine Coquard-Loison-Fleurot in local supermarkets in Beaune, and quite a lot of the wine from this estate was sold to negociants. Things are however changing rapidly – and the Coquard-Loison-Fleurot wines are now in high demand in more and more areas of the world. This is ...