Domaine Coquard Loison Fleurot is one of the very talented producers in Burgundy – and recent vintages have produced some tremendous wines. The 2010 Clos de la Roche is also a fine effort, but compared to recent vintages it does lack a bit of detail an purity. The nose offer lovely fruit – fine intensity and energy – with a nice airy feel and a deep earthy minerality. On the palate lovely concentration and depth – oak well integrated. It’s offering lovely drinking – as the 2010s do even at this stage. A very fine effort – but they do make better and more finely detailed wines today.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Coquard Loison-Fleurot, Charmes Chambertin 2014 February 8, 2018
- Domaine Coquard Loison Fleurot, Clos de la Roche 2010 December 15, 2017
- Domaine Coquard Loison Fleurot, Vosne-Romanée 2014 June 2, 2017
- Terroir View – Domaine Coquard Loison Fleurot Grands-Echezeaux The Grands-Echezeaux is seeing a revival in these years with producers like Georges Noëllat, Domaine Robert Sirugue, and Jean-Marc Millot improving the quality tremendously and Domaine de la Romanée-Conti also seem to have taken a big step forward quality wise with the Grands-Echezeaux. In this article I will take a closer look at the Domaine Coquard ...
- Visit Domaine Coquard-Loison-Fleurot – tasting the 2017s from cask A few years back one could find wines from Domaine Coquard-Loison-Fleurot in local supermarkets in Beaune, and quite a lot of the wine from this estate was sold to negociants. Things are however changing rapidly – and the Coquard-Loison-Fleurot wines are now in high demand in more and more areas of the world. This is ...