The Aux Reignots 2007 is still quite youthful. In the bouquet pure notes of blue and black fruit with quite a touch of oak, vanilla from the oak and spiced with violets. On the palate intense and quite dense ripe fruit structured by the strong mineralic backbone. The fruit is quite silky but is contrasted by the masculine structure of the terroir. Quite fine freshness for the vintage. Slightly backward now – a impressive wine for the vintage. Not quite at the same level as the Echezeaux … but certainly a very fine wine.
(Drink from 2018) – Very Fine 93p – Tasted 01/11/2012
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée 2014 April 15, 2023
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Cras 2014 April 15, 2023
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Echezeaux 2014 April 14, 2023
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Château 2014 October 25, 2022
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée La Colombière 2009 October 21, 2022
All Tasting Notes for Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair (click here)
- Visit to Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – Tasting the 2022sOne of my most exciting tastings so far this year is the 2022s from Comte Liger-Belair, as it includes a number of new wines from the expansion of this already fabulous estate. With the 2022 vintage Louis-Michel Liger-Belair got new plots in Grands Echezeaux, Vosne-Romanée Les Malconsorts, La Croix Rameau, and Aux Reas. Furthermore, he ...
- Visit to Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – Tasting the 2021sThe Winehog’s first decade began at this fine estate at a memorable tasting with some of the great wine personalities of the time: Roy Richards, wine merchant extraordinaire; and the great and sadly now late Clive Coates – at the time perhaps past his peak, but still an influential writer. Louis-Michel Liger-Belair just before opening ...
- On the Table, In the Glass #35: The Need for IndulgenceLet me be clear: Wine is about hedonism and joy, and it is always timely and appropriate to open a vin d’émotion. The prices of some wines are astronomical, but it is rarely the fault of the winegrower, who often gets less than 20% of the inflated grey-market price. What! How can you open … ? Wine ...