The Clos du Chateau 2009 is getting more and more focused as are many other wines from this vintage. In the bouquet the oak is now better integrated, and it’s now oozing with ripe pinot fruit, raspberries, black cherries with fine Vosne spices. On the palate more focused with layers of rich intence pinot fruit. Quite dense for a village wine, but still with a quite fresh balance. Lovely!
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2013 March 23, 2022
- Domaine Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2007 in magnum September 8, 2021
- Domaine Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2018 September 8, 2021
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne Clos du Chateau 2009 January 3, 2020
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos de Chateau 2009 July 26, 2019
- On the Table, In the Glass #35: The Need for IndulgenceLet me be clear: Wine is about hedonism and joy, and it is always timely and appropriate to open a vin d’émotion. The prices of some wines are astronomical, but it is rarely the fault of the winegrower, who often gets less than 20% of the inflated grey-market price. What! How can you open … ? Wine ...
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2013The 2013 Liger-Belair Clos du Chateau is firing on all cylinders, and is a magnificent wine, currently exploding with Vosne spices and airy, energetic fruit. It’s very expressive and exuberant, flashing all its scents and spicy notes as a great tribute to Vosne-Romanée. While not a big wine, it is a true, core expression of Vosne ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Grands EchézeauxGrands Echzeaux is one of the more prominent grand crus which sits just below the very top tier – meaning Romanee-Conti, La Romanée, La Tâche, Richebourg, Romanée Saint-Vivant, and Musigny. It is a brilliant terroir, and is perhaps even a bit overlooked, although new producer names in this vineyard have led to increased consumer focus on ...