The La Romanee 2002 is a very special wine, as it’s the first vintage of this great vineyard made under the management of Louis-Michel Liger-Belair. And what a debut on the big scene of the Grand Cru’s. In the bouquet lovely red and darker fruits, strawberries and forest berries perfumed with cherries, violets, rose petals and sous bois. Very complex and refined with a almost royal serenity and balance. On the palate very focused with lovely quite matured red fruit and a astonishing minerality and length. Intense but still very delicate and harmonious. A almost breathtaking long finish with layers of minerality interlinked with delicate pinot fruit. A spiritual pleasure – need 10 years more to reach a level of full maturity … and will most likely keep for several decades. The rating is perhaps slightly on the high side … but love the 2002 fruit displayed on a great terroir.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne Clos du Chateau 2009 January 3, 2020
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos de Chateau 2009 July 26, 2019
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2016 March 6, 2019
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2009 March 6, 2019
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2009 October 17, 2018
- 2020 cool in hot yearWhile 2019 is mentioned as the best year in history by some, the word on 2020 is not yet so unambiguous. Yet while it is early, views and preferences are starting to be formed. As an old man – 55 – I have seen a lot, and announcing a vintage as the best ever is not ...
- La Romanée – a hedonistic treatA hedonistic treat is what I am constantly looking for. Not points, not weight, not density, but zen-like balance, refinement, and sheer joy. For me, there are few wines that offer this – along with generosity and effortlessness -as consistently as La Romanee from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair. On my July Burgundy trip I had the ...
- Visit to Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – tasting the 2019sIndulgence. Hedonistic indulgence and joy: This what the wines of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair bring me. They have a certain ability to please my palate, to thrill, to seduce. Some more than others, naturally. Yet for me, many have a hint of magic, regardless of vintage and level. The best wines from this estate are almost sinfully ...