The 2006 Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Cras from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair is a real beauty – and the first vintage from this fine terroir. The bouquet is bursting with lovely red berry fruit and minerality – very sophisticated and quite expressive. On the palate very fine midpalate concentration with vibrant fruit and minerality. It’s long with a robust yet delicate minerality in the finish. The energetic fruit is build for pleasure – but nevertheless it’s a 2006 – so perhaps lacking the ultimate focus and transparancy found in the best vintages of this fine wine. Bottom line – this is a beautiful wine from a equally wonderful and refined vineyard. Love this terroir.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2013 March 23, 2022
- Domaine Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2007 in magnum September 8, 2021
- Domaine Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2018 September 8, 2021
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne Clos du Chateau 2009 January 3, 2020
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos de Chateau 2009 July 26, 2019
- On the Table, In the Glass #35: The Need for IndulgenceLet me be clear: Wine is about hedonism and joy, and it is always timely and appropriate to open a vin d’émotion. The prices of some wines are astronomical, but it is rarely the fault of the winegrower, who often gets less than 20% of the inflated grey-market price. What! How can you open … ? Wine ...
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2013The 2013 Liger-Belair Clos du Chateau is firing on all cylinders, and is a magnificent wine, currently exploding with Vosne spices and airy, energetic fruit. It’s very expressive and exuberant, flashing all its scents and spicy notes as a great tribute to Vosne-Romanée. While not a big wine, it is a true, core expression of Vosne ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Grands EchézeauxGrands Echzeaux is one of the more prominent grand crus which sits just below the very top tier – meaning Romanee-Conti, La Romanée, La Tâche, Richebourg, Romanée Saint-Vivant, and Musigny. It is a brilliant terroir, and is perhaps even a bit overlooked, although new producer names in this vineyard have led to increased consumer focus on ...