The Aux Reignot 2008 is very crisp with a fantastic minerality. Pure pinot flavors, and a very crisp and refined bouquet. Medium+ body with a fine and vibrant length. I really enjoy tasting a good 2008 wine in between the heavy and quite sweet 2009 wines. Aux Reignot might not be grand cru, but it is certainly a very interesting terroir, and in the hands of Louis-Michel Liger-Belair, it’s one of the leading 1er cru’s of the Cote. I love the 2008 Aux Reignot, and prefer it to the 2009 vintage, but it’s not on quite the same level as the fantastic 2005.
(2015 – 2028) 94p
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Echezeaux 2019 July 4, 2023
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée 2014 April 15, 2023
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Cras 2014 April 15, 2023
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Echezeaux 2014 April 14, 2023
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Château 2014 October 25, 2022
- Les Suchots: The Flamboyant Vosne 1er CruOne of the largest and most challenging 1ers crus is Vosne-Romanée Les Suchots. Wine from this vineyard is produced by more than 100 domaines and negociants. Les Suchots is quite a diverse vineyard, with some areas showing great complexity while others have fewer of the qualities of a great terroir. Add to this producers that range ...
- Visit to Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – Tasting the 2022sOne of my most exciting tastings so far this year is the 2022s from Comte Liger-Belair, as it includes a number of new wines from the expansion of this already fabulous estate. With the 2022 vintage Louis-Michel Liger-Belair got new plots in Grands Echezeaux, Vosne-Romanée Les Malconsorts, La Croix Rameau, and Aux Reas. Furthermore, he ...
- Visit to Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – Tasting the 2021sThe Winehog’s first decade began at this fine estate at a memorable tasting with some of the great wine personalities of the time: Roy Richards, wine merchant extraordinaire; and the great and sadly now late Clive Coates – at the time perhaps past his peak, but still an influential writer. Louis-Michel Liger-Belair just before opening ...