The Brulees 2011 is a very rare wine to taste. Liger-Belair only makes one cask from the 0,1157ha and the wine is not sold on the market – unfortunately. Les Brulees is at the moment slightly closed, with some reduction in the nose. The nose is nevertheless showing fine complex red fruit aromas, and spicy notes + peony rose. On the palate it offers a wonderful minerality, quite tightly knit and very elegant.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2013 March 23, 2022
- Domaine Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2007 in magnum September 8, 2021
- Domaine Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2018 September 8, 2021
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne Clos du Chateau 2009 January 3, 2020
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos de Chateau 2009 July 26, 2019
- On the Table, In the Glass #35: The Need for IndulgenceLet me be clear: Wine is about hedonism and joy, and it is always timely and appropriate to open a vin d’émotion. The prices of some wines are astronomical, but it is rarely the fault of the winegrower, who often gets less than 20% of the inflated grey-market price. What! How can you open … ? Wine ...
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2013The 2013 Liger-Belair Clos du Chateau is firing on all cylinders, and is a magnificent wine, currently exploding with Vosne spices and airy, energetic fruit. It’s very expressive and exuberant, flashing all its scents and spicy notes as a great tribute to Vosne-Romanée. While not a big wine, it is a true, core expression of Vosne ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Grands EchézeauxGrands Echzeaux is one of the more prominent grand crus which sits just below the very top tier – meaning Romanee-Conti, La Romanée, La Tâche, Richebourg, Romanée Saint-Vivant, and Musigny. It is a brilliant terroir, and is perhaps even a bit overlooked, although new producer names in this vineyard have led to increased consumer focus on ...