Domaine Matrot offer good traditional white Burgundies – no exotic fruit drinks here. The 2007 Meursault village is a typical Matrot wine. The bouquet offer apples, citrus zest, melon, nuts and a fine minerality. On the palate good fruit balanced with a precise acidity and minerality. The fruit is starting to mature and the wine has a fine expression of the terroir. It not a very complex wine … but will offer a good deal of pleasure especially matched with food. Drinking well now … but will improve further with some years in the cellar.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Matrot, Meursault 2013 May 4, 2015
- Domaine Matrot, Meursault 2007 April 24, 2012
- Domaine Matrot Meursault 2005 July 27, 2011
- Domaine Matrot Meursault Blagny 1991 June 18, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...