Matrot make hornest and quite traditional white Burgundy, the 2005 village wine is no exception. Very crisp and focused, with a medium body. The 2005 whites are tasting good at the moment, after they lost the initial fatness. Another good wine from Matrot.
(2011 – 2018) 86p
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Matrot, Meursault 2013 May 4, 2015
- Domaine Matrot, Meursault 2007 April 24, 2012
- Domaine Matrot Meursault 2005 July 27, 2011
- Domaine Matrot Meursault Blagny 1991 June 18, 2011
- Domaine Matrot: A Quick Visit to 2020 DelightDomaine Matrot and I date back many years, to when Thierry was running the business. During those years, the wines became more refined and enjoyable, as the old, sometimes quite rustic, style was replaced with delicacy and finesse. Meursault – I forgot to take photos at Domaine Matrot Matrot is a large, old estate, dating back to ...
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...