Thierry Matrot seem to have hit a home run in 2013. The Meursault village is a gorgeous glass … vibrant with a lovely ripeness. In the nose lovely ripe and slightly exotic orchard fruits .. delicate and pure with a nice transparent view to the terroir. On the palate fine pure fruit, perfectly balanced by the lovely acidity and a nice mineralic backbone for this level. Impressive ripeness for the vintage … is showing and drinking beautifully … a delightful Meursault village … get some!
Latest tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Matrot, Meursault 2013 May 4, 2015
- Domaine Matrot, Meursault 2007 April 24, 2012
- Domaine Matrot Meursault 2005 July 27, 2011
- Domaine Matrot Meursault Blagny 1991 June 18, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than points My aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...