It’s not often I taste white Burgundy from the 1991 vintage. Domaine Matrot Meursault Blagny 1991 is still an interesting wine, but is now in decline with very mature tones. Missing in my view, therefore, sparkle and freshness. But with the right food, it would still be an interesting glass. (drink now) – 88p
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Matrot, Meursault 2013 May 4, 2015
- Domaine Matrot, Meursault 2007 April 24, 2012
- Domaine Matrot Meursault 2005 July 27, 2011
- Domaine Matrot Meursault Blagny 1991 June 18, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than points My aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...