The Domaine de Montille Clos Vougeot 2008 is showing fine intensity and concentration for the vintage. It’s starting to reveal some maturing notes – sous-bois and some earthy minerality accompanying red and dark fruit. Very finely balanced with refined notes of youthful yet maturing fruit. Not yet fully open energy-wise; still, drinking well at the moment.
(Drink from 2025) – Fine (93p) – 05/02/2020
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Les Luchets 2017 February 28, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Bourgogne Cote d’Or 2017 Chardonnay February 28, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages Vieilles Vignes 2015 February 17, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages Terres Nobles 2011 February 16, 2020
- Domaine de la Pousse d’Or Volnay Caillerets Clos de 60 Ouvrées 2005 February 13, 2020
- Domaine de Montille Clos Vougeot 2008 February 10, 2020
- Domaine Dujac Gevrey-Chambertin Aux Combottes 2010 February 9, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages VV 2012 February 8, 2020
- Domaine Dujac Vosne-Romanée Les Beaux Monts 2010 February 8, 2020
- Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé Bourgogne Blanc 2010 February 7, 2020
- Domaine Dublère Corton-Charlemagne 2011 February 7, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Corton Blanc 2017 February 7, 2020
- Domaine Jérôme Galeyrand Gevrey-Chambertin “La Justice” 2017 January 30, 2020
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne Clos du Chateau 2009 January 3, 2020
- Henri Boillot Corton-Charlemagne 2017 December 5, 2019
- Domaine Robert Groffier Chambolle Les Amoureuses “Cuvée Blonde” 2016 November 21, 2019
- Domaine d’Eugenie Grands Echezeaux 2014 November 21, 2019
- Domaine Naudin-Ferrand Côte de Nuits Villages «Viola Odorata» 2012 November 5, 2019
- Domaine de la Romanée-Conti, Romanée-Saint-Vivant 2009 – 7 years after October 23, 2019
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles 2000 October 13, 2019
- Hope for an old Romanée-Conti, and a delightful Dujac 1976 September 27, 2019
- Domaine Robert Groffier Chambolle Les Hauts Doix 2010 September 4, 2019
- Domaine Dublère, Charmes-Chambertin 2006 September 1, 2019
- Domaine Lafouge, Auxey-Duresse Climat du Val 2016 August 16, 2019
- Domaine Arnaud et Sophie, Vosne-Romanee “Les Barreaux” 2017 August 16, 2019
- Domaine Arnaud et Sophie, Bourgogne Passetoutgrain rosé 2018 August 16, 2019
- Domaine Arnaud et Sophie, Bourgogne Passetoutgrain rosé 2017 July 30, 2019
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos de Chateau 2009 July 26, 2019
- La Ferme de Saint Roux, Friponne rosé 2018 July 24, 2019
- Domaine Moron-Garcia, Corton “Cuvée Baie par Baie” 2017 July 23, 2019
- Vincent Ledy: an exciting discovery A new rising star! This is how people like me – wine journalists – write in a moment of excitement and sometimes even ill-hidden self-promotion. The truth is, however, that this vigneron is not that well-known, but presumably cherished by many private clients in France. So OK: for me, a relatively unknown producer. My first ...
- The odd and fabulous Jadot Musigny 1977! I once tasted a magnificent negociant Musigny from a very, very unlikely vintage. The wine was Louis Jadot’s Musigny 1977. Jadot generally produces a fine Musigny, but perhaps not at the very top of the Musigny range. And ’77 was an appallingly poor vintage. I tasted the wine in the early or mid 1990s. The ...
- Collins Corner #24 – The last known bottle! This week Robert Collins is flying low over the villages, vineyards and vintages of Burgundy … yet respecting the recommended 2 meters distance to friends and foes. The last known bottle Vintages always evoke nostalgia, more so when it is your birth year. Mine was a great one, not that I had any choice ...
- First impressions of Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé 2019s COVID-19 Day 7 in the Winehog burrow in Denmark: I’m working pretty normally, and the situation is more a mental challenge so far, not yet really imposing a true change in lifestyle. In other words, I should not complain. And I do have the 2018 and adorable 2019 Burgundies to talk about. There are important and ...
- Joie de Bourgogne 2020 – Epoisses in Meursault I need lovely food for my Burgundian wines. I am sitting at home confined for the next several weeks, and getting released will presumably not help me the least bit on the food front, as the restaurants will probably still be closed. Fair enough; in this situation all is fair. It is, however, a very, ...