The Domaine de Montille Clos Vougeot 2008 is showing fine intensity and concentration for the vintage. It’s starting to reveal some maturing notes – sous-bois and some earthy minerality accompanying red and dark fruit. Very finely balanced with refined notes of youthful yet maturing fruit. Not yet fully open energy-wise; still, drinking well at the moment.
(Drink from 2025) – Fine (93p) – 05/02/2020
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Arnaud et Sophie Vosne-Romanee Les Barreaux 2018 September 10, 2020
- Domaine Georges Roumier Chambolle-Musigny 2015 September 8, 2020
- Domaine Serafin Gevrey- Chambertin Les Cazetiers 2018 September 1, 2020
- Domaine Denis Carré Meursault Tillets 2017 September 1, 2020
- Domaine Georges Roumier Chambolle Musigny Les Combottes 2010 September 1, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Genevrieres 1990 July 4, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Genevrieres 1988 July 1, 2020
- Domaine Roulot Meursault Les Meix Chavaux 1992 June 30, 2020
- Domaine Roulot Meursault Charmes 2007 June 27, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Charmes 2001 June 27, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Genevrieres 1989 June 26, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Goutte d’Or 1988 June 26, 2020
- Faiveley summer wines: a Chambolle surprise June 25, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Les Chevalières 2017 June 24, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Goutte d’Or 2017 June 24, 2020
- Faiveley summer wines: a delightful La Framboisière June 19, 2020
- Faiveley summer wines: the fresh Montagny June 13, 2020
- Faiveley summer wines: the generous white Mercurey June 10, 2020
- Domaine Naudin-Ferrand Côte de Nuits Villages «Viola Odorata» 2016 June 9, 2020
- Faiveley summer wines: the vivid Ladoix June 8, 2020
- Bruno Clavelier Corton Le Rognet 2010 May 23, 2020
- Domaine Truchetet Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Topons 2018 May 7, 2020
- Domaine Truchetet Côtes de Nuits Village 2018 April 28, 2020
- Domaine Comte de Vogüé Chambolle-Musigny 1er cru 2005 April 17, 2020
- Domaine Vincent Ledy Chorey-les-Beaune 2016 April 17, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Les Luchets 2017 February 28, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Bourgogne Cote d’Or 2017 Chardonnay February 28, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages Vieilles Vignes 2015 February 17, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages Terres Nobles 2011 February 16, 2020
- Domaine de la Pousse d’Or Volnay Caillerets Clos de 60 Ouvrées 2005 February 13, 2020
- Château d’Etroyes 2019sDecember and January have provided a new experience for The Winehog, as a number of Burgundian producers have generously sent me samples in this meagre time of Covid. This is greatly appreciated, and it’s given me the opportunity to discover new, exciting producers. I owe a debt of gratitude to the BIVB for helping me get ...
- Maison Chartron et TrébuchetMaison Chartron et Trébuchet was founded in 1984 by Louis Trébuchet, manager of a wine-trading company. The business was purchased in autumn 2016 by Francois Martenot from the problematic wine businessman Vincent Sauvestre, who apparently owned the brand from 2004-2016. The current Maison Chartron et Trébuchet presumably still specializes in producing white Burgundy wines, although reds ...
- Domaine Elodie Roy 2019s – a new estateI don’t know Elodie Roy particularly well, and nonetheless she has been with The Winehog -sort of – for more than eight years, since my first visit to Domaine Anne Gros in 2012. The tasting at Anne Gros was (back then) conducted by a seemingly very hard-working and quite serious Elodie Roy. This was my first ...
- Moillard-Grivot: 2019 or 2018?Moillard is an old Burgundian name, and Moillard-Grivot is the negociant brand of the former Moillard estate. The domaine was founded in 1850, and was an important player in Burgundy until 2005, when the Thomas Moillard part was sold to Domaine Dujac and Domaine de Montille. The negociant part, however, still exists under the name Moillard-Grivot, ...
- Marcel Brubach 2019Since Christmas, I have been tasting samples of new wines and estates, ones that the Winehog has never tasted before. It is an exciting endeavour. and it’s yielding some disappointments, some expected results, and some very pleasant surprises. One of the pleasant surprises is Domaine Marcel Brubach, an estate in Solutré-Pouilly in the northern part of ...