The Domaine de Montille Clos Vougeot 2008 is showing fine intensity and concentration for the vintage. It’s starting to reveal some maturing notes – sous-bois and some earthy minerality accompanying red and dark fruit. Very finely balanced with refined notes of youthful yet maturing fruit. Not yet fully open energy-wise; still, drinking well at the moment.
(Drink from 2025) – Fine (93p) – 05/02/2020
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Comte Lafon Meursault Genevrieres 1990 July 4, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Genevrieres 1988 July 1, 2020
- Domaine Roulot Meursault Les Meix Chavaux 1992 June 30, 2020
- Domaine Roulot Meursault Charmes 2007 June 27, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Charmes 2001 June 27, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Genevrieres 1989 June 26, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Goutte d’Or 1988 June 26, 2020
- Faiveley summer wines: a Chambolle surprise June 25, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Les Chevalières 2017 June 24, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Goutte d’Or 2017 June 24, 2020
- Faiveley summer wines: a delightful La Framboisière June 19, 2020
- Faiveley summer wines: the fresh Montagny June 13, 2020
- Faiveley summer wines: the generous white Mercurey June 10, 2020
- Domaine Naudin-Ferrand Côte de Nuits Villages «Viola Odorata» 2016 June 9, 2020
- Faiveley summer wines: the vivid Ladoix June 8, 2020
- Bruno Clavelier Corton Le Rognet 2010 May 23, 2020
- Domaine Truchetet Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Topons 2018 May 7, 2020
- Domaine Truchetet Côtes de Nuits Village 2018 April 28, 2020
- Domaine Comte de Vogüé Chambolle-Musigny 1er cru 2005 April 17, 2020
- Domaine Vincent Ledy Chorey-les-Beaune 2016 April 17, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Les Luchets 2017 February 28, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Bourgogne Cote d’Or 2017 Chardonnay February 28, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages Vieilles Vignes 2015 February 17, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages Terres Nobles 2011 February 16, 2020
- Domaine de la Pousse d’Or Volnay Caillerets Clos de 60 Ouvrées 2005 February 13, 2020
- Domaine de Montille Clos Vougeot 2008 February 10, 2020
- Domaine Dujac Gevrey-Chambertin Aux Combottes 2010 February 9, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages VV 2012 February 8, 2020
- Domaine Dujac Vosne-Romanée Les Beaux Monts 2010 February 8, 2020
- Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé Bourgogne Blanc 2010 February 7, 2020
- La Romanée – a hedonistic treatA hedonistic treat is what I am constantly looking for. Not points, not weight, not density, but zen-like balance, refinement, and sheer joy. For me, there are few wines that offer this – along with generosity and effortlessness -as consistently as La Romanee from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair. On my July Burgundy trip I had the ...
- The beauty behind the walls of Chateau CommarainePommard has a classical historic ambiance with most of the houses and walled vineyards kept intact to give us the visitors a peaceful and mind settling experience I love Pommard with its petite square – seductive and with a romantic yet slightly exotic feel – this village has something special. Commaraine before the restaurantion While Pommard has a ...
- Visit to Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – tasting the 2019sIndulgence. Hedonistic indulgence and joy: This what the wines of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair bring me. They have a certain ability to please my palate, to thrill, to seduce. Some more than others, naturally. Yet for me, many have a hint of magic, regardless of vintage and level. The best wines from this estate are almost sinfully ...
- Visit to Domaine Duroché – tasting the 2019s from caskThe 2019 vintage was a tremendous success for Pierre Duroché. Not many growers timed the harvest better. The result is vivid, fresh, and lively 2019s, from the entry-level wines to the Clos de Beze and Griotte-Chambertin. They are hedonistic treasures all the way, and real treats! Pierre Duroché made some tremendous 2015s and 2016s, lovely 2017s, and ...
- Visit to Domaine Marc Roy – tasting the 2019 vintageVisiting Domaine Marc Roy is always a treat, and Alexandrine Roy seems to have found the magic formula again in 2019. As mentioned in my vintage report, the 2019s can be somewhat on the hot side. But they also have a special energy that compensates for the generous, warm notes frequently found in the vintage. This is ...