The Montrachet 2008 from Ramonet is one of the best white Burgundies I have ever tasted. The bouquet is very expressive with orchard fruits – acacia, pear and melon – spiced with hints of citrus and a very intense stony minerality. The palate is impressively harmonious with layers upon layers of intense pure virbrant fruit – the minerality is massively intense and the 2008 acidity is playful and nervy – adding to the complexity. The finish is immensely long and intense – and yet fresh and vibrant. A extraordinary white Burgundy – spizenklasse!
(Drink from 2020) – Extraordinary 97p – Tasted 19/03/2013
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Montrachet Les Vergers 2008 October 4, 2017
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Les Ruchottes 2014 May 19, 2017
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Montrachet Les Vergers 2014 October 15, 2016
- Domaine Ramonet, Saint Aubin Les Charmois 2001 June 9, 2016
- Domaine Ramonet, Montrachet 1993 January 31, 2016
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne-Montrachet Clos Saint-Jean 2011 October 25, 2015
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Boudriotte 2011 July 24, 2015
- Domaine Ramonet, Montrachet 2008 May 10, 2015
- Domaine Ramonet, Bienvenues-Batard Montrachet 2010 March 24, 2015
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne-Montrachet Morgeot 2009 February 28, 2015
- Domaine Ramonet, Puligny-Montrachet 2012 November 24, 2014
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne-Montrachet Les Caillerets 2011 November 20, 2014
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Montrachet 2011 March 13, 2014
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Clos St. Jean 2011 March 1, 2014
- Domaine Ramonet, Batard Montrachet 2010 December 19, 2013
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne-Montrachet Les Caillerets 2010 March 29, 2013
- Domaine Ramonet, Montrachet 2008 March 24, 2013
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Montrachet Morgeot 2010 March 13, 2013
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Montrachet Rouge 2010 February 24, 2013
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne-Montrachet Les Caillerets 2010 October 30, 2012
- Domaine Ramonet, Batard Montrachet 2006 October 19, 2012
- Domaine Ramonet, Bourgogne Blanc 2008 September 7, 2012
- Ramonet, Chassagne Montrachet Les Vergers 2008 April 3, 2012
- Sips and Samples #5 – New Year 2011 January 6, 2012
- Domaine Ramonet, Bourgogne Chardonnay 2009 November 25, 2011
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Montrachet Les Ruchottes 2007 November 25, 2011
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Montrachet Morgeot 2008 September 5, 2011
- Domaine Ramonet Bienvenue Batard Montrachet 2001 July 5, 2011
- Chassagne-Montrachet – Winehog favouritesTravelling and experiencing Burgundy for 20-some years does leave marks, scars and impressions. I’ve decided to draw on that experience to take a different (for me), yet also well-known, approach to discovering Burgundy’s vineyards: I will explore my favourite vineyards of a given appellation – the secret gems, and the most hedonistic delights. The first exploration will ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Ramonet Bienvenues-Bâtard-MontrachetBienvenues-Bâtard-Montrachet is a special vineyard producing an intriguing wine that occasionally can give Bâtard-Montrachet a run for its money. Yet often it frustrates our high expectations. This is, however, not the case with Domaine Ramonet Bienvenues-Bâtard. Almost every time I’ve tasted the wine it delights my palate with hedonistic joy. This is a top wine almost ...
- Puligny Les Enseignères: Just below the grands crusPuligny Montrachet Les Enseignères caught my attention back in the mid-1990s when Coche-Dury acquired a piece of this now-illustrious village vineyard. Les Enseignères is, for non-collectors, a relatively unknown vineyard, located just below Bienvenue-Batard-Montrachet. While producing tremendous wines, it is perhaps somewhat over the top to claim that this vineyard is near grand cru quality-wise. It ...
- Terroir Insight: Ramonet Chassagene-Montrachet Clos du CailleretThere is a new wine in the Domaine Ramonet portfolio in the 2014 vintage – Chassagne-Montrachet Clos du Cailleret – not to be confused with the Les Caillerets also coming from the Chassagne-Montrachet Les Caillerets vineyard. So lets take a closer look at this new cuvée. Chassagne-Montrachet Les Caillerets – one appellation four or five vineyards The Chassagne ...
- Clos Saint-Jean … the red Grand Cru of Chassagne-Montrachet?I have always enjoyed a good glass of red Chassagne as they often offer a very lively and vibrant expression of pinot noir. Often have I been drinking these wines for mere pleasure and without analyzing the wines and taking a closer look at why I adore these somewhat overlooked beauties. Chassagne-Montrachet Clos Saint-Jean – Photo: Google ...