The Batard Montrachet 2006 from Domaine Ramonet is a typical 2006 white Burgundy. In the bouquet very rich fruit with elements of pear, melon and Belle de Boskoop apples. On the palate rich fruit, quite sweet powerful and dense. The alcohol level is on the high side (14%) and this is showing in the finish clouding the otherwise fine minerality. A very fine effort for the vintage but the alcohol level is somewhat too high for my palate.
(Drink from 2016) – Fine 91p – Tasted 04/10/2012
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Montrachet Les Vergers 2008 October 4, 2017
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Les Ruchottes 2014 May 19, 2017
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Montrachet Les Vergers 2014 October 15, 2016
- Domaine Ramonet, Saint Aubin Les Charmois 2001 June 9, 2016
- Domaine Ramonet, Montrachet 1993 January 31, 2016
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne-Montrachet Clos Saint-Jean 2011 October 25, 2015
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Boudriotte 2011 July 24, 2015
- Domaine Ramonet, Montrachet 2008 May 10, 2015
- Domaine Ramonet, Bienvenues-Batard Montrachet 2010 March 24, 2015
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne-Montrachet Morgeot 2009 February 28, 2015
- Domaine Ramonet, Puligny-Montrachet 2012 November 24, 2014
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne-Montrachet Les Caillerets 2011 November 20, 2014
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Montrachet 2011 March 13, 2014
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Clos St. Jean 2011 March 1, 2014
- Domaine Ramonet, Batard Montrachet 2010 December 19, 2013
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne-Montrachet Les Caillerets 2010 March 29, 2013
- Domaine Ramonet, Montrachet 2008 March 24, 2013
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Montrachet Morgeot 2010 March 13, 2013
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Montrachet Rouge 2010 February 24, 2013
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne-Montrachet Les Caillerets 2010 October 30, 2012
- Domaine Ramonet, Batard Montrachet 2006 October 19, 2012
- Domaine Ramonet, Bourgogne Blanc 2008 September 7, 2012
- Ramonet, Chassagne Montrachet Les Vergers 2008 April 3, 2012
- Sips and Samples #5 – New Year 2011 January 6, 2012
- Domaine Ramonet, Bourgogne Chardonnay 2009 November 25, 2011
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Montrachet Les Ruchottes 2007 November 25, 2011
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Montrachet Morgeot 2008 September 5, 2011
- Domaine Ramonet Bienvenue Batard Montrachet 2001 July 5, 2011
- Chassagne-Montrachet – Winehog favouritesTravelling and experiencing Burgundy for 20-some years does leave marks, scars and impressions. I’ve decided to draw on that experience to take a different (for me), yet also well-known, approach to discovering Burgundy’s vineyards: I will explore my favourite vineyards of a given appellation – the secret gems, and the most hedonistic delights. The first exploration will ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Ramonet Bienvenues-Bâtard-MontrachetBienvenues-Bâtard-Montrachet is a special vineyard producing an intriguing wine that occasionally can give Bâtard-Montrachet a run for its money. Yet often it frustrates our high expectations. This is, however, not the case with Domaine Ramonet Bienvenues-Bâtard. Almost every time I’ve tasted the wine it delights my palate with hedonistic joy. This is a top wine almost ...
- Puligny Les Enseignères: Just below the grands crusPuligny Montrachet Les Enseignères caught my attention back in the mid-1990s when Coche-Dury acquired a piece of this now-illustrious village vineyard. Les Enseignères is, for non-collectors, a relatively unknown vineyard, located just below Bienvenue-Batard-Montrachet. While producing tremendous wines, it is perhaps somewhat over the top to claim that this vineyard is near grand cru quality-wise. It ...
- Terroir Insight: Ramonet Chassagene-Montrachet Clos du CailleretThere is a new wine in the Domaine Ramonet portfolio in the 2014 vintage – Chassagne-Montrachet Clos du Cailleret – not to be confused with the Les Caillerets also coming from the Chassagne-Montrachet Les Caillerets vineyard. So lets take a closer look at this new cuvée. Chassagne-Montrachet Les Caillerets – one appellation four or five vineyards The Chassagne ...
- Clos Saint-Jean … the red Grand Cru of Chassagne-Montrachet?I have always enjoyed a good glass of red Chassagne as they often offer a very lively and vibrant expression of pinot noir. Often have I been drinking these wines for mere pleasure and without analyzing the wines and taking a closer look at why I adore these somewhat overlooked beauties. Chassagne-Montrachet Clos Saint-Jean – Photo: Google ...