The 1998 Echezeaux from Emmanuel Rouget is a lovely and very charming effort for the vintage. In the nose semimatured red fruit – complex – with hints of allspice, cinnamon and violets. On the palate quite intense and juicy red fruit with a fine midpalate density. It’s perfectly balanced and showing a long and lovely mineral infused finish. A refined Echezeaux and a very fine 1998 … will improve with further cellaring but is truly lovely now.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Emmanuel Rouget, Vosne-Romanee Beaumonts 2002 December 20, 2015
- Emmanuel Rouget, Vosne-Romanee Cros Parantoux 2002 April 17, 2015
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 2002 April 15, 2015
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 2004 December 7, 2014
- Emmanuel Rouget, Vosne-Romanee 2011 June 21, 2014
- Emmanuel Rouget, Vosne Romanee 2011 April 13, 2014
- Emmanuel Rouget, Vosne Romanee 2002 January 9, 2014
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 2007 October 18, 2013
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 1998 October 16, 2013
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 2007 March 9, 2013
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 2001 December 12, 2012
- Emmanuel Rouget, Vosne Romanee 2002 July 4, 2012
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 2009 February 11, 2012
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 2000 November 16, 2011
- Emmanuel Rouget Cros Parantoux 2003 June 27, 2011
- Côte de Nuits Villages with lovely potential The Côte de Nuits Villages appellation is both overlooked and somewhat vaguely defined, and other appellations have sometimes taken its credit when the labels are printed. But make no mistake, there are very interesting terroirs in Côte de Nuits Villages, terroirs with lovely potential. In recent years some top-end producers have started to be more closely ...
- Odds and ends around Christmas and New Year I tasted quite a few interesting wines at social gatherings while celebrating Christmas and New Year. Lafon galore .. the good, the ugly Starting out with the whites I tasted three wines from Comte Lafon two 2004s – Les Perrieres and Les Charmes, and one sadly premoxed example of the 2001 Meursault Perrieres. The 2004 Meursault Charmes was ...
- Cros Parantoux – the sweet spot of Richebourg Vosne-Romanee Cros Parantoux is a mythical vineyard … with a reputation created by the legendary Henri Jayer. With a location just above and next to Richebourg this 1er cru is regarded as something very special. But the story of Cros Parantoux doesn’t start with Henri Jayer, the vineyard was known much earlier. So lets take a ...
- Video – Interview with Henri Jayer about Cros Parantoux A rare interview with the master himself Henri Jayer. Just found this short interview about Cros Parantoux on Youtube. Enjoy! Tasting Notes for this producer Related articles
- Echezeaux – Grand cru standard? Echézeaux is one of the largest grands crus of the whole Côte d’Or. It’s divided into a number of plots or climats the vineyard, located around the smaller Grands-Echézeaux. I have tasted some very good bottles of Echezeaux, but also some very poor bottles where only the label was an indication of its grand cru status. ...