The 2000 Echezeaux from Emmanuel Rouget was quite ready to drink (served from a magnum). The nose was quite open with a fine minerality, and some sweet notes with hints of raspberry and cherry. On the palate slightly austere fruit with a mix of black fruits and more charming and softer red notes. Quite lush with good length and minerality. Typical 2000 – while deliciours it still lacks a sparkle and liveliness in the fruit. Will soften even more with cellaring and gain some sweetness – but from a normal 0.75l bottle it should be almost ready to enjoy. A fine Echezeaux from Rouget – but not the old Jayer standard.
(Drink from Now) Fine – 91p
Tasted 09/11/2011 – Magnum tasting at Gustavs Bistro
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Emmanuel Rouget, Vosne-Romanee Beaumonts 2002 December 20, 2015
- Emmanuel Rouget, Vosne-Romanee Cros Parantoux 2002 April 17, 2015
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 2002 April 15, 2015
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 2004 December 7, 2014
- Emmanuel Rouget, Vosne-Romanee 2011 June 21, 2014
- Emmanuel Rouget, Vosne Romanee 2011 April 13, 2014
- Emmanuel Rouget, Vosne Romanee 2002 January 9, 2014
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 2007 October 18, 2013
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 1998 October 16, 2013
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 2007 March 9, 2013
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 2001 December 12, 2012
- Emmanuel Rouget, Vosne Romanee 2002 July 4, 2012
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 2009 February 11, 2012
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 2000 November 16, 2011
- Emmanuel Rouget Cros Parantoux 2003 June 27, 2011
- Côte de Nuits Villages with lovely potentialThe Côte de Nuits Villages appellation is both overlooked and somewhat vaguely defined, and other appellations have sometimes taken its credit when the labels are printed. But make no mistake, there are very interesting terroirs in Côte de Nuits Villages, terroirs with lovely potential. In recent years some top-end producers have started to be more closely ...
- Odds and ends around Christmas and New YearI tasted quite a few interesting wines at social gatherings while celebrating Christmas and New Year. Lafon galore .. the good, the ugly Starting out with the whites I tasted three wines from Comte Lafon two 2004s – Les Perrieres and Les Charmes, and one sadly premoxed example of the 2001 Meursault Perrieres. The 2004 Meursault Charmes was ...
- Cros Parantoux – the sweet spot of RichebourgVosne-Romanee Cros Parantoux is a mythical vineyard … with a reputation created by the legendary Henri Jayer. With a location just above and next to Richebourg this 1er cru is regarded as something very special. But the story of Cros Parantoux doesn’t start with Henri Jayer, the vineyard was known much earlier. So lets take a ...
- Video – Interview with Henri Jayer about Cros ParantouxA rare interview with the master himself Henri Jayer. Just found this short interview about Cros Parantoux on Youtube. Enjoy! Tasting Notes for this producer Related articles
- Echezeaux – Grand cru standard?Echézeaux is one of the largest grands crus of the whole Côte d’Or. It’s divided into a number of plots or climats the vineyard, located around the smaller Grands-Echézeaux. I have tasted some very good bottles of Echezeaux, but also some very poor bottles where only the label was an indication of its grand cru status. ...