The 2017 Corton “Cuvée Baie par Baie” from Moron-Garcia is a unique and truly delightful wine – firmly setting its mark on the mighty hill. For the Corton – Matthieu Moron and Pierre-Oliver Garcia is using the Baie par Baie “technique” and here we have 40% Baie par Baie, 50% whole cluster and 10% destemmed grapes. It’s a floral, and vividly energetic wine – the perfumed notes of Corton is jumping from the glass like there is no tomorrow. Its concentrated yet lightfooted with a refinement rarely seen – all culminating in the intense and silky finish. The acidity is vivacious adding loads of energy to this Corton.
(Drink from 2030) – Very Fine+ (93 – 95p) – Tasted 18/07/2019
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Exploring the Domaine Tawse Musigny June 14, 2022
- On the Table, In the Glass #36: Un Vrai Vin de Soif June 6, 2022
- Domaine Charles Lachaux Côte de Nuits Villages Aux Montagnes 2019 April 3, 2022
- Domaine Bizot Vosne-Romanée Les Jachées 2006 March 25, 2022
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg Vosne-Romanée 2008 March 24, 2022
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2013 March 23, 2022
- Nicolas Faure Bourgogne Aligoté La Corvee de Bully 2014 March 11, 2022
- Domaine de Cassiopée Aligoté En Gerlieus 2020 March 10, 2022
- Nicolas Faure Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Herbues 2017 February 21, 2022
- Visit to Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé – tasting the 2020s from cask November 6, 2021
- Domaine Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2007 in magnum September 8, 2021
- Domaine Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2018 September 8, 2021
- Domaine Trapet Latricieres-Chambertin 2018 September 5, 2021
- Domaine Georges Roumier Chambolle-Musigny Les Cras 2010 June 25, 2021
- The DRC Richebourg 2010 and a contrasting RSV May 14, 2021
- Visit to Domaine Anne Gros – tasting the 2019s May 3, 2021
- Domaine Aladame 2019s February 5, 2021
- Domaine Arnaud et Sophie Vosne-Romanee Les Barreaux 2018 September 10, 2020
- Domaine Georges Roumier Chambolle-Musigny 2015 September 8, 2020
- Domaine Serafin Gevrey- Chambertin Les Cazetiers 2018 September 1, 2020
- Domaine Denis Carré Meursault Tillets 2017 September 1, 2020
- Domaine Georges Roumier Chambolle Musigny Les Combottes 2010 September 1, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Genevrieres 1990 July 4, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Genevrieres 1988 July 1, 2020
- Domaine Roulot Meursault Les Meix Chavaux 1992 June 30, 2020
- Domaine Roulot Meursault Charmes 2007 June 27, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Charmes 2001 June 27, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Genevrieres 1989 June 26, 2020
- Comte Lafon Meursault Goutte d’Or 1988 June 26, 2020
- Faiveley summer wines: a Chambolle surprise June 25, 2020
- Visit to Château de Charodon – Tasting the White 2020sLouis Vallet is like his wines – vivacious – but with more control and delicacy than one would expect. He is both a serious and a talented winemaker. He comes from Domaine Pierre Bourée, and at some point, he will get vineyards from this estate. But as is often the case in Burgundy, the family ...
- Restaurants in Burgundy – My Current ChoicesMany readers ask about restaurants in Burgundy and want to know where I eat, as well as where can one expect both good food and interesting wine. This is not a trivial issue, but with good planning, it’s possible to get very good food and interesting wines even at reasonable prices. That said, Burgundies are getting ...
- Update: Vin d’Emotion Guide to VolnayThe more we taste, the more we learn and adjust. This week I tasted a broad line-up of Volnays at the Elegance de Volnay event; it was a perfect opportunity to compare and evaluate the village in terms of vins d’émotion. The tasting confirmed some of my favourites: Domaine Thomas Bouley, Domaine de Montille, and Domaine ...
- Visit to Domaine Heresztyn-Mazzini – Tasting the 2020sDomaine Heresztyn-Mazzini. Yes, Domaine Heresztyn-Mazzini. It is a long and difficult name, and probably not the greatest marketing asset given to Florence and Simon Mazzini. But names tell a story, give some history, and are therefore important in how we present ourselves to the world. Sometimes the names are unpronounceable and even unspellable, but in the ...
- Visit to Domaine Garcia – Tasting the 2021s from CaskDomaine Garcia is an exciting estate, as readers of these columns know. They employ the baie-par-baie technique – hand-destemming of a third of the harvest – to make wines with unique floral qualities (see more about baie-par-baie vinification below). The demand for Domaine Garcia wines is exploding, and my expectation is that prices ...