The 2017 Corton “Cuvée Baie par Baie” from Moron-Garcia is a unique and truly delightful wine – firmly setting its mark on the mighty hill. For the Corton – Matthieu Moron and Pierre-Oliver Garcia is using the Baie par Baie “technique” and here we have 40% Baie par Baie, 50% whole cluster and 10% destemmed grapes. It’s a floral, and vividly energetic wine – the perfumed notes of Corton is jumping from the glass like there is no tomorrow. Its concentrated yet lightfooted with a refinement rarely seen – all culminating in the intense and silky finish. The acidity is vivacious adding loads of energy to this Corton.
(Drink from 2030) – Very Fine+ (93 – 95p) – Tasted 18/07/2019
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Moron-Garcia, Corton “Cuvée Baie par Baie” 2017 July 23, 2019
- Domaine Moron-Garcia, Beaune Les Tuvilains 2017 April 26, 2019
- Domaine Moron-Garcia, Marsannay Clos du Roy 2017 March 7, 2019
- Domaine Moron-Garcia, Bourgogne Blanc 2017 March 6, 2019
- Domaine Moron-Garcia – tasting the 2018s from cask On my trip to Burgundy in May I had the pleasure of revisiting Domaine Moron-Garcia in Nuits-Saint-Georges to taste the 2018s wines from cask. Wine and people Domaine Moron-Garcia is managed by Matthieu Moron and Pierre-Oliver Garcia, who are making some fabulous wines in a modest-sized cellar in Nuits-Saint-Georges. The first vintage for the estate was 2016. This ...
- Domaine Moron-Garcia – without compromise .. On my trip to Burgundy in November I had the pleasure of visiting Domaine Moron-Garcia in Nuits-Saint-Georges – to taste some 2017s and 2018s (quick samples). I had only tasted Domaine Moron-Garcia once before, so this is a new estate – at least to me. Wine and people Domaine Moron-Garcia is managed by Matthieu Moron and Pierre-Oliver Garcia ...