The Corton-Charlemagne 2000 from Bonneau du Martray is approaching a mature state. The impression just after opening the bottle is quite advanced, with some fat buttery notes, but after some time in the glass the focus and freshness returns to the wine. The bouquet is quite expressive with mature yellow fruit, almonds and citrus infuzed minerality. on the palate rich and quite dense fruit – but after some time in the glass also a nice focusing acidity and minerality. A quite big and soft Charlie – and drinking well now.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Bonneau du Martray, Corton Charlemagne 2009 July 16, 2013
- Bonneau du Martray, Corton Charlemagne 2004 July 15, 2013
- Bonneau du Martray, Corton Charlemagne 2000 May 24, 2013
- Bonneau du Martray, Corton Charlemagne 2006 June 15, 2012
- Bonneau du Martray, Corton Charlemagne 2000 May 30, 2012
- Bonneau du Martray, Corton Charlemagne 1990 March 15, 2012
- New vineyard for Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Domaine de la Romanée-Conti is going to produce a new wine from 2019 .. a Corton-Charlemagne. According to Wine Spectator – Aubert de Villaine of Domaine de la Romanée-Conti has made an agreement with Domaine Bonneau du Martray to lease a part of the estates Corton-Charlemagne holdings. See the full article by Wine Spectator here – ...
- Impressions from Grands Jours de Bourgogne – part 2 A week in Burgundy leaves one with a lot of thoughts and impressions … The number of wines and producers at Grands Jours de Bourgogne is almost infinite, and given the number of people attending its impossible to taste all wines, and meet all producers. The organisation behind Grands Jours de Bourgogne is doing a terrific ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...