The Bonneau du Martray Corton Charlemagne 2000 is a lovely wine. I have enjoyed this wine several times during the last three years, and it continues to provide pleasure. This bottle was slightly more developed, but still fresh and nervy. In the bouquet stunning purity, aromas of apple, hay and white flowers. On the palate fine, quite rich fruit, charming, but with a very good structure of minerality and acidity. Simply a pleasure – will keep but lovely now.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Bonneau du Martray, Corton Charlemagne 2009 July 16, 2013
- Bonneau du Martray, Corton Charlemagne 2004 July 15, 2013
- Bonneau du Martray, Corton Charlemagne 2000 May 24, 2013
- Bonneau du Martray, Corton Charlemagne 2006 June 15, 2012
- Bonneau du Martray, Corton Charlemagne 2000 May 30, 2012
- Bonneau du Martray, Corton Charlemagne 1990 March 15, 2012
- New vineyard for Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Domaine de la Romanée-Conti is going to produce a new wine from 2019 .. a Corton-Charlemagne. According to Wine Spectator – Aubert de Villaine of Domaine de la Romanée-Conti has made an agreement with Domaine Bonneau du Martray to lease a part of the estates Corton-Charlemagne holdings. See the full article by Wine Spectator here – ...
- Impressions from Grands Jours de Bourgogne – part 2 A week in Burgundy leaves one with a lot of thoughts and impressions … The number of wines and producers at Grands Jours de Bourgogne is almost infinite, and given the number of people attending its impossible to taste all wines, and meet all producers. The organisation behind Grands Jours de Bourgogne is doing a terrific ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points My aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...