The 2009 Corton Charlie from Bonneau du Martray is a fine effort for the vintage but nevetheless it’s a typical 09 white Burgundy. The nose is quite expressive with yellow fruits – pear and apple adding some more exotic notes of acacia and acacia flower with hints of oak and gunpowder. On the palete rich and dense with a quite good balance from the strog terroir. For the vintage it’s a very fine effort, but for me it’s too opulent and rich – lacking some of the mineralic tension of the colder vintages like 2008 and 2010. A big wine …. but in my view missing a bit of vibrant freshness and nerve.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Bonneau du Martray, Corton Charlemagne 2009 July 16, 2013
- Bonneau du Martray, Corton Charlemagne 2004 July 15, 2013
- Bonneau du Martray, Corton Charlemagne 2000 May 24, 2013
- Bonneau du Martray, Corton Charlemagne 2006 June 15, 2012
- Bonneau du Martray, Corton Charlemagne 2000 May 30, 2012
- Bonneau du Martray, Corton Charlemagne 1990 March 15, 2012
- New vineyard for Domaine de la Romanée-ContiDomaine de la Romanée-Conti is going to produce a new wine from 2019 .. a Corton-Charlemagne. According to Wine Spectator – Aubert de Villaine of Domaine de la Romanée-Conti has made an agreement with Domaine Bonneau du Martray to lease a part of the estates Corton-Charlemagne holdings. See the full article by Wine Spectator here – ...
- Impressions from Grands Jours de Bourgogne – part 2A week in Burgundy leaves one with a lot of thoughts and impressions … The number of wines and producers at Grands Jours de Bourgogne is almost infinite, and given the number of people attending its impossible to taste all wines, and meet all producers. The organisation behind Grands Jours de Bourgogne is doing a terrific ...
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...