The 2007 Vosne Romanee from Cecile Tremblay is showing quite well. The nose is quite refined with Vosne spices, sweet red and dark fruit notes with elements of raspberries coulis. On the palate quite open, with good length and balance. Quite elegant, but lacking a little freshness and sparkle in the fruit like many other 2007 reds. Nevertheless this is a quite elegant wine, and a pleasure to enjoy now.
(Drink from 2015) Very Good – 87p
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Cécile Tremblay, Echezeaux 2014 May 24, 2016
- Cecile Tremblay, Echezeaux 2012 May 19, 2014
- Cecile Tremblay, Echezeaux 2011 May 18, 2014
- Cecile Tremblay, Morey-Saint-Denis Tres Girard 2011 March 6, 2014
- Cécile Tremblay, Vosne Romanee Vieilles Vignes 2007 January 28, 2012
- Visit Cécile Tremblay, tasting the 2018s from cask I have been very lucky regularly to visit many of the top-end producers in Burgundy. But from time to time difficulties arise and years pass without securing a visit. This is one of the visits on which I have been waiting for several years. And finally I got the chance to visit the magnificent Cécile Tremblay! A ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Cecile Tremblay Chapelle-Chambertin This article is about one of the overlooked Gevreys Grand Crus and one of the slightly forgotten wines of a prominent “Vosne” estate located in Morey-Saint-Denis. I’m of cause referring to the the sensual and sexy Chapelle-Chambertin from Domaine Cecile Tremblay. To be honest I find more and more detail and pleasure from the wines of ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...