The Echezeaux 2012 from Cecile Tremblay is a gorgeous effort … her wines seems to get more focused and refined each year. The nose is crammed with asian spices, raspberries, red currant and elderberries … supported by a deep earthy minerality. On the palate rich and forward fruit … juicy with a lovely energy and intensity. The fruit is weighty and vibrant – offering a lovely transparent view to the fine terroir. Very impressive … but first and foremost juicy and delightful. Really like the style
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Cécile Tremblay, Echezeaux 2014 May 24, 2016
- Cecile Tremblay, Echezeaux 2012 May 19, 2014
- Cecile Tremblay, Echezeaux 2011 May 18, 2014
- Cecile Tremblay, Morey-Saint-Denis Tres Girard 2011 March 6, 2014
- Cécile Tremblay, Vosne Romanee Vieilles Vignes 2007 January 28, 2012
- Visit Cécile Tremblay, tasting the 2018s from cask I have been very lucky regularly to visit many of the top-end producers in Burgundy. But from time to time difficulties arise and years pass without securing a visit. This is one of the visits on which I have been waiting for several years. And finally I got the chance to visit the magnificent Cécile Tremblay! A ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Cecile Tremblay Chapelle-Chambertin This article is about one of the overlooked Gevreys Grand Crus and one of the slightly forgotten wines of a prominent “Vosne” estate located in Morey-Saint-Denis. I’m of cause referring to the the sensual and sexy Chapelle-Chambertin from Domaine Cecile Tremblay. To be honest I find more and more detail and pleasure from the wines of ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points My aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...